Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered these models and I would like to ask if anyone knows anything about good/bad things I need to know. Has anyone ever added lights to them?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have the old and new KBoP. Good kits. The new has metal landing gear and doors. I have built neither, but did a bit of dry fitting on the first release with no problems.

There is at least one lit build on this board. I'll see if I can find it...

Don't know about the other kit you mentioned.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I believe he's talking about the BoP and the Ferengi Marauder that come as a set from Round 2. These are the same models intitially released as the Adversary Set (along with the Romulan Warbird). I've never heard of anyone lighting the BoP, but I recall someone lighting the Ferengi ship. Personally, I've never cared for either of these ships. The scale is much too small for my tastes. There's a much larger model of the BoP out there, and although I don't believe there is one of the Ferengi, it is certainly on my wish list (even if it's unlikely to ever happen).

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
477 Posts
You can put 2 leds in the Bird of Prey for the torpedo and the engine with a bit of reworking.

The Ferengi ship takes more work but if you only want to light the engines its not so bad. If you want to light the windows too then it will take quite a bit of work drilling all of the windows.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
You can put 2 leds in the Bird of Prey for the torpedo and the engine with a bit of reworking.

The Ferengi ship takes more work but if you only want to light the engines its not so bad. If you want to light the windows too then it will take quite a bit of work drilling all of the windows.
The Ferengi ship would be an excellent candidate for being repopped in clear-

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I built both of these years ago. The windows in the Ferengi ship would be a bear to dril out. I just painted them with gloss white paint. Turned out pretty nice IIDSSM:

KBOP:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take photos of the two small parts of models that where left in what was left of my model when I was in the hospital and maybe by Sunday I can post them here. one was a KPBP and the other was a Ferengi, there is not much to look at, but it's what was left.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
I'll have a vid review of these soon, buy maybe not soon enough...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to worry I didn't get the photos yet, most likely on Sunday I'll get them the Ferengi
ship has (wen turned upside down) two red ares that I thing they are engine?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They Came! I had sent an order for this set and today at the 11am mail run, the box from ROUND 2 came with the kits. I found the two, that was left from here I was in the hospital and by putting them next to the model part trees I found that they are the SAME size and after looks at the ones left over and the parts in the new kits, I see that whatever the old ones came from it was not the same as these, for the old Ferengi has a slot on the underside I guess? for a display of some kind. I've taken some photos, but it'll be Sunday befor I can post them.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
They Came! I had sent an order for this set and today at the 11am mail run, the box from ROUND 2 came with the kits. I found the two, that was left from here I was in the hospital and by putting them next to the model part trees I found that they are the SAME size and after looks at the ones left over and the parts in the new kits, I see that whatever the old ones came from it was not the same as these, for the old Ferengi has a slot on the underside I guess? for a display of some kind. I've taken some photos, but it'll be Sunday befor I can post them.
THe old STTNG Adversary Set came with all three ships-the Romulan Warbird, The Ferengi Marauder, and the Klingon Bird-Of-Prey. They all had slots in their undersides to fit onto tabs at the tips of the three arms of the stand. Here's a pic showing the stand with all 3 ships:

·
Registered
885 Posts
when these came our originally, I had seen so little of the Romulan and Ferengi ship to care about them enough to do them justice ^ thats a nice build!

I always loved the little BoP - as much as I love large scale models, the smaller ones are good for dioramas - I'd like to get a few BoP flying in formation.

steve

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It'll take another day at lest before I get the photos. But here is one that shows what the Ferengi ship parts looked like on the parts tree.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have put together the two ships and I have taken some photos of them only the BOP is not done yet, but I put the models that I have (new ones) and the OLD ones in the same photo so you can see what they are like. I have found that they are of the same size. On that Trekkriffic user that posted that photo of the set, I wisk I had the warbird that was in it. I've not seen that set listed anyplace. as I used my old A620 camera I'll download the photos after midnight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts