Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just gone and bought myself a second NX-01 without even building the first one. Got a couple of questions for you:

What would be the easiest and cheapest way to light one of these?
Are the PNT decals for the NX-02 any good?
Having not seen any Enterprise past Season 2, what is the NX-02 and what's it called?
I can't afford to do both so which one should I light - 01 or 02?

On other subjects:

The highly detailed Revell kit of Voyage put out several years ago. What scale is it and is it worth getting the PNT decals?
Would Castrol Super Clean take off 10-15 year old Humbrol Enamel paint off of Ertl Enterprises A/B/C/D/E and Excelsior kits and is it available in the UK?
What scale are the Ertl kits?
I remember reading about a USS Thunderchild in one of the Trek films. What class was it and does anyone make a model/decals of it?

Hope you can be of some help.

·
Registered
903 Posts
In one real respect, how much it will cost to light an NX-01 will depend on how good you are with a soldering iron. I've been offering a lighting kit that requires a minimum of electrical skill ... but that ease of use has a hefty price. Or, you can get the leds and other lights yourself and get the pre-programmed chips from me for considerably less. Or you can forego the fancy lighting effects entirely for even less.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,220 Posts
PNT decals are high quality laser-printed. Since Thomas Sasser of PNT designed the PL NX-01 kit, they're sure to fit properly.

Ertl kit scales are -
NCC-1701 (old AMT kit): 1/650
NCC-1701 cutaway: 1/500
NCC-1701-A: 1/537
NCC-1701-B: 1/1000
NCC-1701-C: 1/1400
NCC-1701-D: 1/1400
NCC-1701-E: 1/1400
Reliant: 1/537

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used Blue and white leds I got cheap on e-bay to light mine.

I have Thomas' decal set and they are nice. Accoprding to his website, he doesn't laser print them, they're screen printed, even better.

The NX-02 is the Columbia.

If you're going to build 2, light the second one. You can use the first kit to work out the problems with the aztec paint design and improve upon it with the second.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello, I just came acrossed this thread,
A friend and I created a lighting circuit that runs both engines, nav. lights and the strobe lights. Granted alot of wiring and soldering. but it looks good. I have a video clip of the circuit in action, but not installed yet. PM me your email address and I can send you the details and video clip.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Also in regards that the NX-02 is the Columbia, it's the same class ship as the NX-01. In the 3rd season, episode E2, they see an identical ship as their own and Reed advises that it could possibly be the NX-02 Columbia out of spacedock, that has come to help fight the Xindi. In reality it turns out to be the NX-01 from a future time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts