Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Sweet Zombie Jesus! Those are awesome, John! Thanks for sharing.

Now, when ya gonna start producing that awesome calendar for those of us who aren't savvy enough, nor capable of printing one out ourselves? I'm more than willing to throw money at you to get another like you did a couple years back. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
BRAVO!!!! John!!! Thank You!!! They are truly awesome!!! When everyone see these on my computer they will truly know I am a modegeek!!! LOL thanks again!!!! Jeff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
753 Posts
John, Just have to tell you that the wallpaper is awesome!! They are perfect on the computer in my model building workshop and the one in my office at home and the one at work ect... My wife wouldn't let me put them on her's.... But I wonder if my kids will let me put them on theirs,ummmmmmmm NOT!! Thanks Jeff

R

·
0 Posts
Wether as wallpaper or just pictures to look at, they are superb John.

Nicely done and thaks for sharing, go easy now.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually have a nice placid photo of a river in the woods for my desktop. :) I need calm at work.

At home, however, I have the Soryu blasting the Romulan.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Funny, I usually go w/the modeling stuff at The Job, if only to be a rebel. At one point, the reg's said we had to have USAF/DoD related materials as our Desktop, yet I'd see all kinds of folks with family or sports/NASCAR related stuff on their screens. So, I said "screw it" and started putting other stuff up.

I tend to have pics of The Family as my desktop while Deployed, tho. ALWAYS have some sort of SciFi or Real Space stuff on my PC at home.

Right now, I've got that awesome shot of Peregrine killing that K'T'Inga in the upper atmosphere of a planet. :D

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:eek:

That one, and the Venture over the Dyson sphere, are the ones I'm most pleased with.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yeah, that's one of my other fav's, too. I've liked your Venture since I first saw it more than ten years ago, John. I'd have to say that it's in my top three of favorite fan-designed ships. I've never really sat down and ranked them all, tho, just so's ya know.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be fair it's just an interpretation of Michael Morrisette's USS Menagha, the secondary hull of which I thought needed serious reworking.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
That's way cool. Don't think my wife will let me paper the powder room with any of 'em though. Love the AMTronic shuttle. Can we see inside?

ooo nevermind:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
John P said:
To be fair it's just an interpretation of Michael Morrisette's USS Menagha, the secondary hull of which I thought needed serious reworking.
Yes, but you made that rather clunky design look kewel! I know he had contacted you at one point and that it was... less than friendly... and will agree that he needs acknowledgement of the original design, but what you did with Venture is all yours, w/the rounded secondary hull and minor re-work of the "beaver tail". You made it all flow much better than either of his versions of the same basic design philosphy.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steve - tell her we're related.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts