Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a new thread for any questions about Kisbey motors or KSG cars.

Congrads to Kisbey/KSG Factory driver Gary Hamiliton who just TQd and won the Norrca nats out in Cali. 4 of the top 5 were Kisbey/KSG powered!! Good job guys!!

EA

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
The KSG car comes with an adjustable center shock mount, what is the effect gained by moving the mounting point either higher or lower? Is the swaybar kit helpful on most flat tracks? Would you reccomend running rear steer @ the Macon track? What do you accomplish by putting a spacer under the front pivot ball of the t-plate? Looks like I am going to be your only (Team Blue) running partner in 19t @ Echeconnee so maybe we can help each other out a little.......

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Eric, bring a bi-level wing to Macon with you, you may need it

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raising the shock mounting hole up will make give the front end of the car more bite by transferring more weight to the front tires.

The sway bar kit works real good on flat tracks that are slightly bumpy. It allows you to run softer springs to get over the bumps better but it doesnt allow the car to dump over on the RF and either push from being collapsed or loose from too much bite.

I would run rear steer at any track that you apex the straight aways pretty hard...meaing you usually dont really drive the car straight.

I have always been told that puting shims under the front ball with give you more forward traction off the corner. Ive never really noticed a difference though!!

See ya this weekend!!
EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think modified is doing it....Same person that does the arcor site I think....but dont quote me on that!! LOL

How's the fishing? I need to come spend a week on the boat with ya!! Ive had enough work for a while!!

EA

·
Banned
58 Posts
Fish keep getting away, think I am going to try golf now... I have also thought about becoming a Jockey, I am down to 165 pounds but I think the 6 foot part will keep me out of the KY Derby. Come on over anyway we can still go out on the boat!! Quit work and make the wife go out and make some $$, worked for me, lol, just don't tell her I said that.

Good job with this thread, nice to see someone telling the truth!

SR

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Eric
The top two were ksg followed by hyperdrive,then maverick,i think silvay ended up fifth on a ksg not to sure about 6th thru tenth?
anyway the top eight cars were all fast and and super clean racing pretty much thru out the whole weekend.
anyway we are all friends and had a great weekend of racing!
see ya in Vegas.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KOZ said:
Eric
The top two were ksg followed by hyperdrive,then maverick,i think silvay ended up fifth on a ksg not to sure about 6th thru tenth?
anyway the top eight cars were all fast and and super clean racing pretty much thru out the whole weekend.
anyway we are all friends and had a great weekend of racing!
see ya in Vegas.
Thanks for pointing that out!! I wasnt sure of the complete finishing order just qualifing.

EA

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have been using Kisbey 19T's for about a year Now......Only motors I run.....Spoke to Dave Kisbey several times for help on tweeking...Guy is very Helpfull and his motors
are top notch....Kisbey Modifieds are first rate....

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
EA, Are you going to make the Custom Works Race in Delaware later in June ....The turnout is going to be very good to say the least........

Congrats to Kisbey and Gary its not a surprise to me ...

SRM

·
Registered
177 Posts
Racket,

I saw that you called. I will try and get back in touch tonight. I was in CLT all weekend and have been busy at work. Whats the race scene for the weeeknd?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Got Delivered, Racings out for me this weekend Its graduation for Cornell ....PITY huh .I am in for some racing next weekend .....I did race last weekend and the racing was very good to me TQ and win in 19turn at the mushroom bowl ......The KSG ride is ready for either the Mill or Acorn for next weekend .....Lets put everything in the Bling Bling mobile and head somewhere.....Talk to ya tonight SRM

·
Registered
177 Posts
Racket,

Negative on the next weekend scene. My oval interest is nonexistant. I think I am going to do alittle nitro offroad for the summer. Shout at me later I should be at la casa.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Anyone have the the little bump steer piece in stock, also looking for glass T bars (.063 straight and bias) thanks!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Mike m
Try Murdock he usually has the toe corrector and t-plates in stock.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
EAMotorsports said:
Raising the shock mounting hole up will make give the front end of the car more bite by transferring more weight to the front tires.

The sway bar kit works real good on flat tracks that are slightly bumpy. It allows you to run softer springs to get over the bumps better but it doesnt allow the car to dump over on the RF and either push from being collapsed or loose from too much bite.

I would run rear steer at any track that you apex the straight aways pretty hard...meaing you usually dont really drive the car straight.

I have always been told that puting shims under the front ball with give you more forward traction off the corner. Ive never really noticed a difference though!!

See ya this weekend!!
EA
Eric, if you want to call and talk about set up my # is 478 256 2032. I have informed "Team Red" that we will be whoopin them pretty bad and that crying towels will be available at a reduced price after the race. That being said we are going to be busy friday:)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts