Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this yesterday at TRU and didn't even realize it was a "chase" at first. I picked it up because it looked nice. They also had the yellow and blue wagons and then it hit me,,,,,,,,,,,,this is the chase for the yellow car. It has a silver base and white interior.
1969 Chevy Kingswood (Auto World) by Dick Copello, on Flickr

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Great finds Mr. Cartrucker - mighty sharp wagon.
Sure looks better than those earlier white panels. They should've been tampoed to look like birch bark :)

If there is such a thing, luck is on your side!

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
Nice grab, buddy, what a beauty! :thumbsup: This is the one I've been looking for, since I grew up looking at the world going backwards from the rear-facing third seat of a '69 Kingswood Estate. I have the UltraRed Kingswood Estate from the first release of the car, but that one has white down the sides and covered headlights - ours had the exposed lights like this one. And the woodgrain looks so much better than the white side panels (or the plain tan paint of the regular first release cars). You mentioned that the regular cars in this release are Yellow and blue - I haven't run across any of those yet. It's getting harder and harder to find Auto World cars in the stores in my area, and now that we're losing TRU, that's just going to get harder in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts