Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some great Kingpin lube. It is very thick. It comes in the HPI micro fornt end tuning kit, I found it in my box, and it seems it is going to work well. What does everybody else use?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Extreme Pressure Lube, $34 a tube. I just "borrow" it from work though. This stuff is right, its sticky and it doesnt seem to get alot of dirt build up either. I also use it on the diff.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I've been using Losi hydra drive fluid also, which thickness works the best? the writing is wore off on the bottle and I don't remember which one it is I have, I'm about to need some more.

·
Registered
746 Posts
OK RCAERS!......You ask for it! I GOT IT!! Guess what the nameis?? Humm?.............You guessed it!! "SPEED GOOP" Frank P can vouch for it! It's about to get posted on my site, it's only $4.00. if your intrested send me an e-mail to [email protected], If its not up to your standards for "Goopyness" ! lol send the un-used portion back and I'll refund your $4.00 back! Zubak :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
SPEED GOOP, is GREAT stuff...Thick and slick (not sticky), I find that 1/8 scale lube is to sticky...besides 1/8 scale lube take to much motor spray to break down (motor spray isn't cheap! LOL). Steve.

·
Registered
746 Posts
RHINO, I see you trolling!! lol You racing carpet this season?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I must say I have never used any type of front kingpin lube/dampening fluid. I would think that it would mostly attract dirt. So what are the benifits to using the lube/dampening fluid on the front end?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Big John, This is some slimy stuff. look forward to see how it does on carpet.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Ballblazer said:
I must say I have never used any type of front kingpin lube/dampening fluid. I would think that it would mostly attract dirt. So what are the benifits to using the lube/dampening fluid on the front end?
I would say that's it's imperative that you use some form of lube on the front king pins it makes the front end work so much smoother and keeps it from binding up,get some of john's goop and you will know what I mean immediately.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yep Johns speed goop is some great stuff, ultra smooth and good dampening.. :thumbsup:

see ya frank p.

John see ya at the region race, I hope anyway trying to work it in with the financial advisor :rolleyes:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Frank, That sound's Great! I'll be there this Friday and next, I should be able to shoot you a close set-up for when you get there. Don't forget the Motorman!!

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
ballxblazer, the lube is also use for slowing the rate the spring works. if u use a really thick lube the spring will seem to react slower. if u use thin it will react faster.

MIKE BURBEY
KGB TEAM DRIVER
TM RACING TIRES TEAM DRIVER

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i just got some of trinity's new side dampner lube. it is really thick, but u can adjust the thickness by how much u put on th kingpin. my pins have never felt so smooth try it i like it :thumbsup:

MIKE BURBEY
KGB TEAM DRIVER
TM RACING TIRES TEAM DRIVER

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Speed goop,if you're using hydra drive fluid give Zubaks speed goop a try you will be pleasantly suprised,very very smooth.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts