Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these 4 packages of M2Auto~Lifts today... The first two are of some sweet 69 Camaro SS 350s...

The second two strike me a little strange... Both packages had a 68 Shelby GT500 and a 56 F-150 pick up... One package had a stand labeled 56 Ford E-150 and the other 68 Shelby GT500...I wonder why they were sealed in M2s blister packs like that...

I wasn't crazy about the silver Camaro's color scheme so I changed it a little and painted the engine up...

As it came from the pack:

My Detail job:

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's all the cars I grabbed !!!
Two of the green Camaros...

The boot covers on these Shelbys were white... I painted them black !!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Nice touch on the boot covers Steve in making them black :thumbsup: ....

I bought them too and my base plates are the same as yours

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice work! I agree on painting the boots, I found the set with the black and gold Shelby and love the car except for that white boot. I think it sticks out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice work! I agree on painting the boots, I found the set with the black and gold Shelby and love the car except for that white boot. I think it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Pop it off with a small screw driver Bob, and slap some black paint on it... When I got these off, I noticed they were molded in black and painted white... WHY ?
The red Shelby had the cool Centerline wheels on it and the black one had stock looking wheels... I switched them because I'm keeping the black one for my collection !!!
I also wish they made the doors fit better on these Camaros... The others I have in my collection, I filled the holes in the mounts and redrilled them so the doors fit snuggly against the body... Worked well !!!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Pop it off with a small screw driver Bob, and slap some black paint on it... When I got these off, I noticed they were molded in black and painted white... WHY ?
The red Shelby had the cool Centerline wheels on it and the black one had stock looking wheels... I switched them because I'm keeping the black one for my collection !!!
I also wish they made the doors fit better on these Camaros... The others I have in my collection, I filled the holes in the mounts and redrilled them so the doors fit snuggly against the body... Worked well !!!
I don't mind the white boot on the red one too much but I prefer it black, I think the black one's should have been black from the start. It is really bizarre that it's black painted white. I've got it off and a coat of paint drying on it right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts