On your site at the listing for these you have

2005 Kentuky (should be Kentucky) Derby Cobra Daytonas

:wave:

Rob

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
There will be 150 WL of each color, only sold in sets of two with the
sixth set you order being wl's I believe. WL's have white Tires/ Base.
Info and link are on the front page of lightning lane.

Regards, Andrew

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daytonas

Owl,
After the motorcycle crash i only really have 8 good fingers so typeing sometimes i hit the wrong keys and working late i just need to slow down.

BOB36:
remember that we were the original sponsor of this board for years and sponsored the seperation of alot of the boards. Hanster has really helped the hobby and we are proud to have been a part of it with him.

Have Fun,
Fred
www.1StopDiecast.com

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
1 Stop Diecast said:
Owl,
After the motorcycle crash i only really have 8 good fingers so typeing sometimes i hit the wrong keys and working late i just need to slow down.

Have Fun,
Fred
www.1StopDiecast.com
Then you're still using 5 more fingers than I am! (it's an acquired skill, I think) Therin lies your problem... :lol:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Fred

Why not just ask Mid to place a sticky on this for you. That way you can stay on the top of the page. I think this is at least the second post advertising these and perhaps some people are wondering what happened to the guidlines since they are active, give full support to HT and are a contributing part of LightningFest yet they have been told not to do this type of thing?

You don't seem to post very often here anymore so when the two threads you do join in on (KD Cobras for Sale and a reply to a guy who may want to buy bulk) almost could be taken as self serving.

Good luck to you.

Mark

R

·
0 Posts
Mark,

I don't know why you say that!! Before these posts about the KD cars, Fred just posted on March 20, 2003 to let us know about the Batmobile Slotcars.

ADDED: For those wondering what the problem is.. it is that the regular dealers who frequent this board AND sponsor boards, etc. have been asked not to direct sell this way and pretty much have been complying with the rule. If posted, it is supposed to be in the informational side not a direct plug - that is, not "BUY FROM ME!!!" and it seems worse when the dealer only shows up once a year and does that or if those are the only posts they make. I have purchased quite a bit from Fred over the years, but this seems to be just flat out advertising, not informative. Midtown had already posted one thread about them.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
robmcin said:
Mark,

I don't know why you say that!! Before these posts about the KD cars, Fred just posted on March 20, 2003 to let us know about the Batmobile Slotcars.

ADDED: For those wondering what the problem is.. it is that the regular dealers who frequent this board AND sponsor boards, etc. have been asked not to direct sell this way and pretty much have been complying with the rule. If posted, it is supposed to be in the informational side not a direct plug - that is, not "BUY FROM ME!!!" and it seems worse when the dealer only shows up once a year and does that or if those are the only posts they make. I have purchased quite a bit from Fred over the years, but this seems to be just flat out advertising, not informative. Midtown had already posted one thread about them.
You are 100% correct Rob and I appreciate the compliance and support from all my friends who happen to be dealers too.

For the Record, I've not had a problem with the announcement of Promos that were not available at retail stores. I think the board serves a good purpose in communicating these offerings to collectors who frequent the board. Regarding Teddy's promos, I not aware of any member who has resented his offering them on HobbyTalk in the past. After all, he is a HobbyTalk Sponsor too. I do however realize feelings have been hurt over the timming of the announcement. This I regret but can't go back and undo. I just hope these hurt feelings don't continue to surface on the board in a negative way.

So, for clarification again:

I don't not want the Johnny Lightning board to be used for retail purposes. I don't mind those who support the board and participate by sharing informantion to plug their business discreetly at the end of an informative post. But I don't want to allow, as Rob described, "BUY FROM ME" post. I'll use my best judgement when considering the appropriateness of these sort of post going forward. If your not sure about something you want to post, simply email me first and I'm sure we can come to an agreement. Fair enough? I have been away from the board the last few days and apologize for not addressing this subject sooner. I also want to clarify this is not intended to be a Jab at Fred at One Stop Diecast. I know Fred and have done business with him for years.

My only Exception:

As most here know, Markhos is the father of Lightning Fest. You should also know I'm very active with Lightning Fest and want to do everything possible to promote and support it, starting with Sponsorship of the Johnny Lightning Board. Accordingly, I do not consider Mark's offerings that are intended to support Lightning Fest to be retail offerings. He has my complete and total support regarding selling these Lightning Fest event cars on the Johnny Lightning Board. Furthermore, he has never posted anything of this nature without communicating with me first.

Thanks again for supporting the HobbyTalk community.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.