Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put up a 'slotcars wanted' ad on craigslist to see if anyone bites, and then started looking around to see if any deals could be had. I scored these for $60 cash, and the guy told me he thinks he has more at his fathers place. He used to collect and is now getting out of the hobby. Figured Id pass the word along, evilbay isnt the only place to find slots!

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
I have an add on craigslist and I got 2 or 3 people offering their 100 car collections for $2,000.00, no pictures, no descriptions.............better off and probably luckier finding them at a yard sale.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
There's a Goodwill online too... I think it's shopgoodwill.com From time to time I see cool old slot auctions come up there, but the slot car guys have discovererd it, so it's about as bad as Fleabay for prices...

--rick

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn...my 'buying slot cars' ad sure got some attention. Its only been up 24 hours, and already I got 3 hits. One was a guy with some TCR stuff, the other 2 are guys with sizeable collections....I may have to broker one out to someone with some serious cash to spend!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roadrner said:
Congrats on a nice score! :thumbsup: rr
The beauty of it is, that red/white nomad is one Ive been trying to score on ebay a while, but just havent wanted to spend $25-$30 for it. The glow hot rods are dead mint so theyre a bit nicer than the 2 that I already had-- I pulled a swap-a-roo there, the green 'stang has model motoring aluminum wheels (pluck-O-rama, and on go some stock JL parts) and the rest is going on the bay after a good teardown, clean, and oil. End result: I guess-timate that after the shipping and ebay/paypal fees are paid I should pocket $25-$35 clear profit. My glo-rods just got nicer, I'm binning another set of aluminum wheels, and I finally have a red and white nomad. Bulk lots rock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts