Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had mentined a few months ago that I was working on Ertle's Batmobile from the Keaton movies. Well, it's finaly done. It has yellow LEDs for headlights, 5mm and 3mm red LEDs for tail lights and a 10mm red LED for the afterburner stuffed with cotton. The interior has a blue LED for general illumination and the dash is wired with about 120 fiber optics powered by a white LED where the engine would be. The wires run from the rear passenger inner fender to a hole in the side of the tire and exit thru a hole in the bottom of the tire and into the base. A friend took the photos and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wanted more interior light than just the fiber optics. I figured a nice blue glow would look nice. I had thought of doing red but decided against it.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Nah, you did right with the blue, good choice. ( in my lowly opinion )

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments. It means a lot coming from more experienced and skilled modelers than myself. I just got a new camera so I will be doing my own pics from now on as well.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Outstanding work! The light work is just awesome, but can you tell us more about the rest of the work you did? It looks like you opened up the side intakes, and thats a perfect "Bat Black."

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. I did cut out the side intakes. I added some fine screen mesh to the inside. The silver pipeing on the side has photoetched mesh over the two sections like the full size one. The windows were tinted with Tamiya smoke. The bat fins were puttied and sanded smooth. All the chrome was tinted with Tamiya smoke for an exotic metal look. The body was painted with Tamiya satin black from a rattle can. It just barely fits in the display case! The last pic is of the headlightsbut it didn't turn out well which is why I didn't initialy post it, but it does give the headlights an evil look though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/directorcass/DSC00359.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/directorcass/IMG_9682.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Hey, you're right on the "evil" headlights, and it looks like you must have stuck it in the box with a shoehorn !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts