Classes will be

2WD SC Stock
2WD SC Mod
2WD Buggy Stock
2WD Stadium Truck Stock
Novice
Mini's
We will not be running 4WD SC until Spring Fling Same as last year
Please post up and also send the link to all your friends so we can Make this season grow even more than Last year

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey Case...are we in the big gym this winter now? That was just soooooo much more fun in there. Also...let us run the 4wds dude...that was just pure comedy trying to get them around the track. Just a thought dude.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I will be coming down from Houghton for all the races this year, going to try to get some of the Tech students w/RC's to bring them down too......

Also, 17.5 boosted or 13.5 blinky for Stock SC?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Come on Case...let the 4wd's run dude...hell the buggies do more damage to the carpet at Jay's place then the 4wd's ever have done.

Just think it would bring in more competition and fun for all.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wont let them run until Spring Fling
I can not afford new carpet I already had to remove one roll because of 4wds
It is not even an issue that is up for considering Sorry
The rate we are going I only have 2 years at the max on this carpet and I am trying to get money to get some more used carpet I had someone tat I thought I was going to get some carpet off of since he owes me money anyway but that never happened so I am still looking

I want to have the best place I can have for racers to race on and sometimes that means not racing everything
As for all Classes PPL need to make sure screws are staying in and I suggest Taping the bottom or using a chassis protector film

The Stadium class is going to pick up this year as well as 2wd buggy so PPL should get one of those to race Just a thought

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think we should run 17.5 boosted or 13.5 blinky. My brushed 12 turn could keep up with 17.5 blinky last year, and that thing was dog slow!

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We will also be doing a points series
Kyle was nice enough to volunteer to help with that for the year
You will have 2 drops and the Spring Fling Will Count
Ribbons for classes with less than 6 average entries Plaques for classes with more than 6 average entries
These rules for Points might change before racing begins
We will have the full set of rules and points info out by the 1st week of Oct

BTW I have 2 22SCT's left

·
Registered
378 Posts
Canada

Casey, I posted this new thread for the 2012 - 2013 carpet race season on our web site for the Canadians. Thanks for putting on the carpet races, again this season! It's going to be fun!

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mike
I meet a few of your friends that have went to you guy's track up there. I hope to see them racing down here too
Should be a great season Lots of interest

Get with Marty so we can figure out when we will have the Thompson Trophy Race

Thanks again

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yea I have been talking to the group over in Iron Mountain and we might have a few more coming from there
I just sold another buggy for buggy class plus mine if I run it
Hey Casey does this group in Iron Mountain have any racing going on of their own?

Would you happen to have any contact info for them? I've been talking to Frank Felster and we're trying to get the word out for his track and to get some communication going with all the places in the U.P. that have racing/tracks.

Thanks Casey, looking forward to coming over for some more racing this winter.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Casey does this group in Iron Mountain have any racing going on of their own?

Would you happen to have any contact info for them? I've been talking to Frank Felster and we're trying to get the word out for his track and to get some communication going with all the places in the U.P. that have racing/tracks.

Thanks Casey, looking forward to coming over for some more racing this winter.
Sorry I was talking about Frank
He will be over here next week so If you need anything LMK

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some of them where nice enough to come down on Friday to set the track up and practice so They had some input in the placement of things
This year we have a Whole new track system for the infield
http://roadrailracing.com/home.htm
So we welcome anybody that would like to show up Friday Night and Help with Designs
We will not be having the large table top at the first race this year either I need soem more table tops built that will be easier for me to haul back and forth

1 - 20 of 827 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.