Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model KTBL 55TI oldie but was running last year. No spark now. Where can I find parts manual and schematic to fix ignition? Must have electronic ign. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
also look for wires that have been cut or are loose or have the insulation rubbed off/hole in.
i have seen a fair number of electric problems be wires.
otherwise parts are through Kawasaki.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed it for 50 cents

:) I could not find any manuals so went back to the basics. All primary and secondary wires looked perfect. Did run last year until owner changed the plug. So the only wire he touched was the spark plug pull off boot which looked perfect. I cut the boot off to expose the wires in the spark plug cable.When I opened the boot I noticed a coil spring would clamp/slip around plug end and 2 bent wire leads from spring were surposed to be crimped into the cable. So I replaced the spring type with my 25 year old spark plug replacement end which I crimped on the wire without the boot. Now I have spark. So when you do not have spark open the boot and replace with metal crimp on spark plug clip and retest for spark. Installed electrical tape over crimped on new spark plug connector starts first pull. Good for me check the basics and do not assume coil is bad first.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts