Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid, I watched this Saturday morning cartoon called Valley Of The Dinosaurs. I recently rediscovered this series when I got it on DVD, and after revisiting the adventures of the Butler family, I decided to rework The Victim figure into Katie Butler, the family's daughter.

Here Katie is out collecting berries--which was something she always seemed to be doing--when she encounters some small dinos:

Are they good dinos (plant eaters) or bad dinos (meat eaters)?

Better not take any chances. Just because they're small doesn't mean they're harmless.

So Katie slowly makes her way around the dinos. But wait, they see her.

Katie waits until they make their move, ready to run at a moment's notice. Such is life in the Valley Of The Dinosaurs.

Sean

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Yeah, I'm certainly having fun with this little figure.
It occured to me recently that I've yet to actually build the victim as...the victim! :D

Here's a picture of Katie from the VOTD series:

It was cancelled after about twenty episodes, and it's only now available from Warners as a Made On Demand title, so it's pretty obscure. It was basically an animated version of the Land Of The Lost. I loved both shows as a kid.

Sean

·
Oxidation Genius
31,277 Posts
A cartoon I've never heard of!

It occured to me recently that I've yet to actually build the victim as...the victim! :D
You'r like me with Enterprises. Kitbashes up the wazoo, but I never just buld the E!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Sweet. I bought the show on dvd when it came out as well having seen it when it first ran.
Good adaption of the figure, the small dinosaurs are a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A cartoon I've never heard of!
It plays on the Boomerang channel. And, barring that, you can get the whole series here, like I did:

http://www.wbshop.com/product/valley+of+the+dinosaurs+1000203453.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

You'r like me with Enterprises. Kitbashes up the wazoo, but I never just buld the E!
Got another Victim figure still waiting in the box. Wonder what I'm going to change this one into? Oh, the possibilities! :D

Sweet. I bought the show on dvd when it came out as well having seen it when it first ran.
Good adaption of the figure, the small dinosaurs are a nice touch.
Thanks! The Dinosaurs are the 1/35 scale raptors from the Tamiya six raptor set. I had a box of these lying around for the longest time. I'm glad I was finally able to use them.

Sean

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think the kit's come "full circle;" didn't the victim start out as the Cro-Magnon Woman? Or am I just imagining it? She seems to have a similar pose and expression. I may have to buy a Victim just to compare to the unbuilt CMW I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts