Hobbyist Forums banner

If Abbott & Costello still lived,what monster would you like to see them meet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this crazy notion to reinvent Franky`s Pierce makeup.I`m half way done the head.Then I thought this mite be fun to see how many different makeup changes could we all come up with.Who`s in? I`m using an Horizon Franky.My head (Franky`s not mine lol ) consists of milliput & sculpey so far at this point.Pics coming soon.:hat:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein was it for me. It just doesn't get any better than that. The best movie of their career, in my humble opinion.

They did other "Meet" movies after that one, but none could compare.

How does this poll match the thread topic?

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
I agree and I didn't Know this at the time I did it But On the Underside of My 48 Streetrod I had Abbott & Costello along with Frankenstein and Dracula with the Castle in the center Airbrushed and later found out the Movie was in 1948 ...
This picture was even in a Monster Mag back in the 90's..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree and I didn't Know this at the time I did it But On the Underside of My 48 Streetrod I had Abbott & Costello along with Frankenstein and Dracula with the Castle in the center Airbrushed and later found out the Movie was in 1948 ...
This picture was even in a Monster Mag back in the 90's..
They met a pretty lame looking Mummy. lol

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
It wouldn't be the same. The blood and gore in most modern scifi/horror films is not inclement to such a meeting. I know it is a purely hypothetical question but these classics could not be recreated and if attempted would be totally absurd. Kind of like Chris Rock meets Alien, would it be a slug fest or a mouth fest? It will never get better than it was with the original.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wouldn't be the same. The blood and gore in most modern scifi/horror films is not inclement to such a meeting. I know it is a purely hypothetical question but these classics could not be recreated and if attempted would be totally absurd. Kind of like Chris Rock meets Alien, would it be a slug fest or a mouth fest? It will never get better than it was with the original.
Let`s just say old fashioned "suggested" violence without the gore.The way that most film makers have forgotten.I`m actually surprised that Freddy is ahead seeing he is only threatening in dreams.Or should I say Nightmares.:drunk:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein was it for me. It just doesn't get any better than that. The best movie of their career, in my humble opinion.

They did other "Meet" movies after that one, but none could compare.

How does this poll match the thread topic?
Honestly, much as I love A&C Meet Franky, I think "...Meet Captain Kidd" was the best of the series. And a large part of that is because Charles Laughton was actually every bit as funny as A&C in it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts