Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to two K Marts who had just gotten a case on MCG2 in.

One had only 1 car left. The other had a complete set. (This store is slow and always has the best selection. No GM and I have a full set from Milezone, but I bought the 442 so I could open one.)

Will K Mart ever start getting more then just one case?

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
We've thrown this issue around before with different opinions. I think with only 3,500 pieces in a release, it's hard to imagine a lot more floating around. But others felt that we could see more at retail without upping the production run.

My basic feeling is that I would like to see these stay at low run numbers. I really like the 3500 number. Between the OLD's ( who should get first dibs, as they launched GL into the market) and the K-Marts, I just don't know how many are out there.

I wonder how many series or cars Greenlight has actually sold out of in the warehouse?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Greenlight has been pretty creative in changing their castings around a bit to get more mileage out of them but I wonder if such low production numbers will eventually hurt them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got back from a K-Mart in NJ. They had one set on the pegs, That's all. This was the first time that I had seen Greenlights at a retail store anywhere in NJ.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
my KM hasn`t gotten any in yet either but the whole store is improving.I noticed better selections of clothes,bigger sizes,craftsman,more things on shelves.They still have a long way to go to even bother WM but at least they are improving.I`d hate to see them go under. I`d love to see some type of K-mart 2 pack set of GL`s or something like that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
maybe they could do a special run of cars just for kmart...and do a sort of greenlight collectors day like they do for hot wheels...but instead call it bluelight collectors day....and make the special chase car for the event a blue machine....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
right now our k-mart is a disaster area. 2 managers have walked out with no notice in the last 4 months. they keep the heat at 67 and you freeze in there. you find clothes in auto, auto in electronics, and just about anything in most floors of isles. the toy section has almost nothing. and i'm told the pallets are backed up to maybe ten in the storage area of toys alone. but they have cut help so much, no one can stock shelves or clean up. as of now, there's a big mac box ...mcdonalds...with MOLDED cheese in it, on the diecast shelf ilse. it's been there over a week. along with a purse, some windshield wipers, and a good deal of clothing. ollies is cleaner and more organized.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hey mopar ... sounds like you might have a SUSPECT talking to you man ... he "ASKED" if it was that store like he MIGHT be the one who got it ???? lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, it wasn't me that got it.I know the guy who got the GM out of that store.
I just discovered Greenlight 2 months ago and I'm hooked.I'm new here,great site!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. :wave: It's nice to visit a site where everyone acts like adults and are happy for others when they score big.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts