Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Herbie Love Bug said:
how does this whole day work? never went to one. what should i expect? are these cars free?

let me know
The cars are NOT free, as many who walk in unsuspectingly believe. They get a certain number of boxes of cars depending on demand at their store. If more collectors than cases show up, then they usually raffle off the opportunity to look through a case and they typically set a number of cars you can buy and a time limit on how long you have to do it. Once the cases are exhausted, the leftovers are fair game. Treasure Hunts have been few and far between at recent events, so don't go there expecting anything more than a remote chance at one.

·
Registered
659 Posts
thats true.
I live in Phoenix, AZ - and i always go to the same Kmart, but now im at NAU (Northern Arizona University) so i dont know if there is a Kmart here in Flagstaff... :confused:

And im not going since ill go down to Phx the week before, and its silly to go back again the next week for 1 thing - sorta

Anyways, I'll look it up!
Maybe if there is, i'll have a super-good chance, since Flagstaff isnt a big city! :freak:

edit: and there isnt a Kmart here :cry:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Mecal said:
thats true.
I live in Phoenix, AZ - and i always go to the same Kmart, but now im at NAU (Northern Arizona University) so i dont know if there is a Kmart here in Flagstaff... :confused:

And im not going since ill go down to Phx the week before, and its silly to go back again the next week for 1 thing - sorta

Anyways, I'll look it up!
Maybe if there is, i'll have a super-good chance, since Flagstaff isnt a big city! :freak:

edit: and there isnt a Kmart here :cry:
Sorry about that. Here is a list of stores that are supposed to be hosting an event. Maybe one isn't too far away?

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/newsid_545_stores.html

·
Registered
659 Posts
ohhh thanks, that definitely helps.

But the closest place is Prescott, which is a 1 hour drive (one way), and, as much as i love HW, thats too far. :)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I hear you. The closest one to me is a half hour away. If my 11 year old son doesn't talk me in to going, I most likely would pass myself. I did go to a couple Kmarts the day of the last one in the evening and I was able to find several of the color variations and "first to market" cars. Nothing really THAT special anyway unless there is a casting you have to have. If there is something you feel like you are missing out on, I'm sure there will be several members here with extras. :wave:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
There are 3 different K-Marts in different directions I could get to in about 20 minutes if I decide to go. Just have to decide which group of fanatics I want to be around. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you know if there are going to be an vw beetles. not the new beetles but the old ones. When i say that i mean pre 1990 beetles compared to current.

thnx

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Herbie Love Bug said:
Do you know if there are going to be an vw beetles. not the new beetles but the old ones. When i say that i mean pre 1990 beetles compared to current.

thnx
Probably there is the Black VW Bug and the Red line Baja that are out now. Still haven't found either

·
Registered
538 Posts
You couldn't pay me to go to K-day. I was talking to a guy the other day that told me that no less than 40 people show up at each of the 3 local stores here and they bring the neighborhood kids along just to increase the odds of getting a case. He also said people are rude and argue. I'd end up jacking someones jaw and end up in jail over a Hot Wheel.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts