Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the T-Hunt car is supposed to be for tomorrow's event? Got shut out at the last one (lots of peeps!) but I am always hopeful at a chance for tomorrow. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
What are the Kmart specials supposed to be?
Kmart Cars Only Colors

'65 Mustang Fastback (Hot Wheels® Muscle Mania®) in metal flake orange
'69 Dodge Charger (Hot Wheels® Muscle Mania ®) in pearl white
'67 SHELBY® GT-500® (Hot Wheels® Muscle Mania ®) in hilite blue afflair

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=924

First-to-Market:

V-8 Vega™ (2009 New Models)
’42 Jeep® CJ-2A (2009 New Models)
Ferrari 512M (HW Special Features™)

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
At my Kmart, someone got into one of the master cases and opened up all the boxes, presumably to get at the hunts. It seems our kdaze already sucks and it hasn't even happened, yet. I hate greedy, selfish people.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Its sad that this happens every K Day Event that
people want to open up the Master Case to get at
the New Cars & TH's to be first to put them on eBay.....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Part of the reason I don't get crazy over treasure hunts. Almost every one I've got I found "by accident" in the wild. Besides, I don't understand the big deal over having the letters TH all over the outside. It ruins what might otherwise be a decent looking car.

To each their own, leave the idiots to ebay.

Oh, and Thank You very much Liv N Low for the heads up on the K cars. Those are more realistic for me to find. I work Saturday mornings so I usually end up going after work and mopping up from the mornings festivities.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It was nice to finally be able to go to one of these now that I live in a state that has K-Marts near me. :)

Almost everybody got a case. No supers though in our master case, so just picked up the regular t-hunt woodie.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't think there were any supers here either. Worse yet, all the cases were the same (usually there's some different ones--nope, not this time)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I got a super 37 Ford and my case had the regular also. The guy beside me had both in his case as well. I believe we were the only two who found supers out of eight cases.

---Matty (mattywhelz)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Liv N Low shoots Matty for the Super TH....BANGGGG.....JK Bro....Hows it been, long time no see or hear in this case of online boards. :)

My Kmart was a FLOP as there were only 8 Cases which is a 1/2 Master Case this time and No DD's and NO Supers.....

If anybody missed the Kmart Re-Colors I have 4 or 5 of each if you like to trade.....

Many people didnt get a TH or the Cars they were hoping for.....Real let down for this Event as this Kmart Store usually gets 2 Master Cases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ares was jus a woodie also Lots of double hunt cases tho as well $uper n a reg in each case. WE had 6 masters which is 48 (36) car cases..... Hello everyone btw my name is matt i collect all HOTWHEELS and JL......

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Event was good!,no supers ,all th'swere 37 fords! case codes were VPD ! there were 3 masters !one guy tried to snag a th ,before people were done going through their boxes and was stopped ! sad thing was i,ve seen this person at other k-day so he knows the rules!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Righteously bummed!

I don't expect any treasure hunts if I show up to the party late, but I have always before now been able to find the Kmart cars.

Not today! Those <lovely people> cleaned even them out, didn't leave me a single one.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I went to two K-Marts in my area after work, and didnt even see ANY sign there was ever a K-Day!
Is anyone gonna post a picture of the pearl white Charger so I can see it?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
8 cases is ONE full Master Case!
From the last few years my Kmart has had a Master Case with 2 inner Cases of 8 Cases ea and 2 to 4 Posters etc inside the Master Case - total being 16 Cases + the goodies .... You might call this a Super Master Case but no matter what it is called, it is a very large Box with 2 inner Cases inside it.... I know this as they roll this big Case out on a flatbed cart and I help the Managers pull out the 2 inner Cases to be cracked at the Event. This paticular Event only had 1 small inner Case and 1 Poster with a bunch of DVD's that nobody wanted. The Staff looked at me like ( what the heck ) and they went back to the backroom to find the other Case and nothing was found. We talked about it after and we think the DC messed up on giving us some other Stores 1/2 Master as this Store usually gets 16+ in Cases. Many people were disappointed the least.....

I was lucky enough to get 1 Case as 1 Collector who I know took 3 Cases as he brought 1/3 of his Family to the Event and left the other Collectors scratching there heads in WTF jus happened as this 1 Collector took 3 Cases of the 8.....Greed is a main factor at these Events no doubt when a $3 worth of a TH is at hand. lol

After everbody left I straightend up the Cars and cleaned around the Area as this Store is known for the best Events in the Area so why not help them even though this 1 Event was a flop. I did noticed that someone brought there 9yr old child to the Event and he was walking around cracking open all the Mystery Packs and leaving the ones he didn't want open and loose( some adult showed him this trick no doubt ). I did manage to find a few Errors and Variations that I will be parting from soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts