Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Superb stuff with magical box art.The blue cab with the orange tractors is supposed to be the hardest to find of all K SF issues - I have never seen the box art before :thumbsup: I count myself lucky to have the red/yellow SF issue in excellent condition but with only 1 tractor.At a toyfair last sunday I saw a c8 rw K20 in a very good box for almost $60 - I didnt buy it because of the playwear to the truck and trailer-did i miss a bargain do you think??
This casting displays very well alongside K17- there are 3 K17s (rw green/yellow, SF red/apple, SF all apple) to go with these 3 K20s- does mountain have the rare all applegreen K17 to go with this blue/silver K20?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i imaging the blue with orange tractors would be tough to find with everything intact. i think i have the complete big mx set, i’ll try to take some pictures.
i am not that up to date on prices, considering everything that can be missing with the k-20, I can see it being a little expensive

don’t have the all lime k-17, the k-23 wasn’t a bad model either with all of the mod super kings that were around at the time. :)

the k-16 tankers were also a tough find. maybe because some were regional and promotional. which is another interesting topic. some of the k-31 refrigerator trucks were also hard to find. the size of the package kept some from carrying the model. not many outlets carried the whole line of matchbox.
the k-44 bridge layer was the biggest king package at the time.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I hope to find those K17 and K20 boxes for affordable prices someday. Looking at ebay these items boxed are amongst the highest priced Kings, a reflection on the superb artwork and quality play value of the toy.
Very enjoyable to own , even without the boxes in my case :dude:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the comments :)
sms88, agree with artwork, especially with the reg wheels boxes
wildbill63, the k-16 dodge was also nice
i would take the regular wheels version out of the box but it is already damaged enough :(

a couple of k-16 aral tankers and a k-31 pepsi

who said the seventies were not cool :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts