·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to keep computer clean i use
Adaware
Spybot
Pop up Cop for browser
virus protection provided by Panda (platinum. edition)
Sygate personal firewall
All these when used right and to their full potential do a great job. But set and forget doesnt work, learn all there is to know about features of programs.
Update frequently if not every day or two.
And most of all learn what crap the operating system by default has running that you just dont need and get rid of it.
www.blackviper.com has all you need to know about windows services and such.
using these programs i have gotten no adware, malware, no virus's, tho Panda killed lots of incoming virus's. In email too...Well that isnt exactly ture, sometimes a adware sneaks in but between adaware/spybot it gets rid of them.Nothing major.. But it does take quite a bit of time and tweeking Windows and programs to get the MAX protection.. What people dont seem to realize is that adware/malware/torjans/virus's are written and being passed around the internet BEFORE anti virus programs are "usually" able to catch them. So you are most always behind, thats why you update constantly your programs. I worked on a computer for a lady a few weeks ago that had a anti virus on her puter, last updated almost 2 years ago!
2 words... Backup, and update...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like a good list you have there. I think I remember reading something bad about Sygate. Here is a quick leak test:
http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm
Theres alot of great info on grc. It seems that many firewalls leak. I use zonealarm, as its free and it pasted the leak test. Couldnt ask for a nicer free firewall.
I am intrested in what the test finds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts