Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 25+ years of R/C Racing I have decided to step down for good and wanted to publically thank everyone that helped me along the way good or bad.

"No matter where you race there will ALWAYS be someone faster and without defeat there is no progress".............Big John Lee summer of 92'

Many reasons have led to this decision (and many months of debating with myself). With my daughter getting to the "fun" age I want to be part of her life, be able to experience her childhood, and watch her grow up. IMHO (and many may dis-agree) I am going out on top. I have helped prototype cars & gears, built motors & cars, and helped with setup/knowledge that have gone on to win National Titles. Heck I even won the Snowbirds. Yeah it was in Touring Oval but it was with a car I designed. Few can leave this sport and have this type of resume and to me it's something to be proud of.

Some liked me, some tolerated me, some hated me, and some didn't care but to ALL I have met throughout the years I wanted to say thanks for the kool times, okay times, and bad times. Looking back over the years a few people have really stood out:

Barry Hill for the on and off track conversation. From conversation about R/C to a chat about life in general. You put up with a ton of my SH*T but were still always there. Thank you so much Barry for all you have done for me over the years!

"Big John" Lee for teaching me about R/C Racing. Many many many Dirt Oval TQ & Wins all over the country and you gave me that opportunity. After all of these years I still think about it and wonder how you are doing!

Jeff Helms for teaching me what I know about Pan Car Racing. Many have looked up to me over the years but it all started with you.

Mike Lanning & Larry Willin for taking a chance on me and starting PRS. Seeing my thoughts/designs take off in the R/C World has been trully amazing.

Andy & Jimmy Mac for making me push myself to the next level

Eric Anderson for teaching me all I know about brushed/brushless motors. You passed on knowledge that helped me build motors for National Champions.

Danny Sullivan for taking a chance on an unknown and allowing me to test and pass on what was learned.

JW Housley for being a kick ass set up man and listening to some of my crazy azz ideas............hey "do me a favor" lol

Mike Bush for.........well just being a really good friend. Thanks for listening and allowing me to share what I have learned/built and seeing it haul azz on the track.

Jody Miller for ALL of the killer paint jobs and for getting me my first National Title

Phillip Harwood for allowing me to take you to the next level. Beings you are "Over Da Hill" it was kool to see you accel as a driver when killer race cars were put in your hands. Always remember..........you still had to get up on the wheel.

James Little for teaching me about Nitro Motors. I was able to build some nasty nitro HP because of what you sat down and taught me.

Daniel Aycoth for getting my first Big TQ & Win in Off-Road racing. What a wheel man..............

Hank @ Hobbytalk for a trully great place to share info about R/C in general

Mike Boylan for hosting the greatest R/C Oval race on the planet

Kenny & Dawn @ KC Racing, Rick @ Finishline, Dave @ IRS, Bruce @ RC4Less, Mark @ Lightspeed, Barry @ Rayborn, Brian & Jerry @ Custom Works, Paul @ Parma, Mike Russell, Mike & Shawn Stengele, Greg & Sean @ Associated, Todd @ Losi, Frank Ulbrik, Ryan Murphy, Brooks Derting, Jack Dearhart, Bill Christmas, Capt. Morgan, Dave Pulafocker, Katfish, Adam, Rick, & Pops Leihr, Chad & Cory Wilson, Alan "Nutcase" Dodson, Tim "Briefcase" Watson, Donnie & Gary Neighswonger, Ben "Suitcase" Porter, Tom & Ella Elwood (RIP & who gave me the Tornado Tony name when I was 10 years old), Rick "It's Showtime" Wilson, and my Dad (who bought a grasshopper and got us into racing)for all of the help over the many years. We all had our fair share of bad times but had way too many good times.

I know there are people I did not name but with 25+ years of racing, that's alot of people to meet and race with. Each and every one of you are trully appreciated and I thank you all.

Take Care guys/gals....................

Tony Moffre
Tornado_Racing
[email protected]

·
Registered
759 Posts
life

i went thru that with my first daughter who is now 19 i remember the joy at that ages of being a dad so enjoy it while you can tony because it goes quick so now i have a 6 yr old carson btw he asked about you last nite he enjoyed talking to you at easley and a 3 yr old girl delaney when i say iam going to the race trailer they both say can we go dad ---- thanks for all your help and ideas over the last couple of years enjoy your life and who knows we may see ya at the races

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
tony you were always cool to me...... i would say good, bad or indifferent when all the dust settles you had a lasting good impression on the rc community.....

you have always gone above and beyond to help me at PRS there where several times i would shoot you a email saying hey tony i am running this class at this track and give you a run line at the track and you would almost always nail the gearing.....

i also wanted to say thanks for the $5.00 set of irs light weight diff hubs i got from you about a month ago....

enjoy your family because when its all said and done thats all we really have!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for all your help, Tony...You have helped alot of people make it to the next level. You had rc racing on your mind 24/7 and it showed with your ideas. I have asked questions and always got a good answer and an explanation about the answer. Your information was always available to anyone who asked and it was asked alot.

Being a part of your daughter's life is very important because those are days and times you will never be able to have again. Good luck!

Your friend, Bill Christmas

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Enjoy life..

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
tony i more than anyone will miss your sorry evil no good azz! you know how much i love prs product and how much support i have for it! looks like things are going to be a lil different at prs for most of us. i wish you nothing but the best in the future and i hope one day you get the bug and stop by the birds for a taco or two. you were always nothing but a good dude to me and that is all that counts!

best of luck bro

william sell

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Thanks Tony for all the advice, and help. Thanks for the talks when you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks for making my entire RC experience more colorful.
But.......most of all thanks for all the FUN I had trash talking with you, at the track or otherwise. Not everyone can keep up with "captain morgan" but you kept me on my toes!
You'll hear from me from time to time. If for nothing else just to keep my knife sharp! LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Tony, thanks for ALL of the help over the last four years! Thanks for taking me under your wing and making me a better driver and setup man. Thanks for all of the information and answers to my questions. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of prototyping some of the baddest rides on the racetrack! Thanks for thinking out of the box. Thanks for the time you spent helping me find those two tenths that eventually led to me running you down in the infield! But, most of all, thanks for being a friend! I hate to see you go, but I understand family comes first. After all, I am one of your sons, right? LOL! :thumbsup:

Jack "The Mehoffster" Dearhart

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The laugh of a child far outweighs the "sound of the tone". Props to you for giving your daughter a great Daddy. We'll get along fine and wait for you to drop by once in awhile to remind us of your accomplishments. LOL

See you sometime.

dk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.