Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I'm kinda new on the board, I guess it's polite to introduce myself. It seems a nice place to be, so I'll drop by from time to time :wave:

Well, I'm in love with american (especially muscle) cars for quite a long now. This love started when I was about 8, with an issue of Chrom&Flammen magazine (European magazine about American cars). Because it's difficult to own an american car here, I decided to collect the models. I have some Hot Wheels, but I guess I'm the only one on this board, that doesn't own any of the JL models at all. :lol: Everything I know about them is from the internet.

BUT, that will change, because I'm going to order some via internet online store. That is going to be a small step for a mankind, but a large step for me. :tongue:

That's it...I'm finished now, and hope I'll have a great time here.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Board Superbird. You will not be sorry to start collecting the JL Muscle Cars. Trying to stop is another matter though.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Superbird77,

Welcome, you can learn a lot from here. Just ask, somebody will tell you. :D

I take it you are from Europe, may I ask where?

Have Fun

Sherry and Rob

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sherry and Rob,

maybe you guessed it. ;) I'm from Slovenia, and was talking with you about ordering some JL models. I'm still trying to find out if there is any appropriate way to transfer money to US. I'm also communicating with PayPal to bring their service here, but it doesn't look very promising. And all the other ways seem to be pretty expensive or unreliable. :(

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Hi Slovenia!

Perhaps you could become the exclusive JL distribiutor for eastern Europe! That would be a nice business for you if you think there are others there who share your passion.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Superbird77 said:
Sherry and Rob,

maybe you guessed it. ;) I'm from Slovenia, and was talking with you about ordering some JL models. I'm still trying to find out if there is any appropriate way to transfer money to US. I'm also communicating with PayPal to bring their service here, but it doesn't look very promising. And all the other ways seem to be pretty expensive or unreliable. :(
Nope, didn't guess, I just like to see how international this board gets... its pretty cool. Money transfer is a problem.

Sent you an email :wave:

Rob

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Hello over there in Slovenia. Do you own or just dream about owning a Superbird ( one 'p' btw ). Well JL at least makes afew you can collect. Enjoy the hobby !

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Great to hear of die-cast enthusiasts through-out this tremendous world of ours. Post any questions you may have, and you will notice that our Hobby Chat members can be very helpful. Welcome to the club, and enjoy the hobby.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hello. Welcome to Hobby Talk.
Many European sports cars are great automobiles, but theres just something about the old classic American muscle cars.
I'ts great to hear from somebody from accross the ocean. :wave:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for welcomes.

I do dream about owning an american car someday..and I WILL someday :tongue:

But the truth is, that I only saw a couple of them in real life, and I would love to see a Plymouth Superbird. That thing must be huge in comparison to the European cars. :eek:

Sadly, there aren't many american car enthusiasts around here, so I have to absorb every information from books/internet/model cars. That's why it's great to have such a forum.

Thanks again! :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts