Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just started collecting these awesome cars and picked up a few basic set and got some complete sets of the car culture haulers. Just looking for my first athlete or a regular treasure hunt what would you guys recommend getting for a first treasure hunt? Been looking on amazon and seen a few. Just looking for input.

·
Premium Member
8,492 Posts
Welcome to the hobby and it is up to you which treasure hunt you want to get and you never know when you gonna find a treasure hunt at a store.

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
17,377 Posts
I recommend not buying them off Amazon. There is a reason they are called Treasure Hunts.
Go out and Hunt for them, so much more rewarding when you find one in the wild.
Or you could buy that Camaro Treasure Hunt, they go for about $800.00 - $1,000.00

·
Super Moderator
23,597 Posts
Welcome to the boards @mrrico 123

I've never heard the term athlete used for diecast yet? What does it mean where you are collecting?

As far as treasure hunts I would go for a favorite car. Most people want real cars, but there are also a lot of fantasy body styles out there as well.

·
Old School
1,814 Posts
Welcome aboard ! Yes the Treasure Hunt series was introduced in 1995, a year after Johnny Lightning introduced the White Lightning chase car in 1994. Finding one in the wild is best although it may not be a desired casting.

My first find was the Dodge Ram in 1996, 3 years before I joined eBay with the complete menu.

Eric

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the hobby in particular. I have found two Super Treasure Hunts in stores in the two or three years since I have known they existed. I was THRILLED when I saw them and purchased them for a dollar. I hope you find at least one in a store. Buy what you like on line. As my good friend Sam said, get what you want.
Be careful though, pretty soon they will be adding up, Supers, regular treasure hunts and regular cars. Good luck and happy hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts