Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the latest issue of Amazing Figure Modeler and Monsters in Motion have an ad announcing that they will be releasing a Yagher sculpted Aurora box art Hunchback kit in line with their other box art kits. I now have four of the series and they are all very good to great. They are big and personally I wish they were smaller so they fit on the shelves easier. I know some people here have a big of a problem with MIM but in my four orders over the last four years they have always been honest and I received my merchandise pretty much as they said I would.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Lately I've had no problem either...
Did they mention which Aurora Box Art painting they were going to use?
the Anthony Quinn ...or the repainted 'hairier' one...

Denis

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Denis, the ad actually said it would come with both type heads so you get your choice.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i wouldlove also to see that they have done the forced perspective on the castle in the background!... and i would think its the hairy head that will come out!!!.. this one i will definatly be purchasing!

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Hey Ian ...you missed post #3...Bob said they are including both heads...so you can build one or the other...or I suppose, if you are like me, you're going to want to build both... damn....gotta win a lottery :p
Denis

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
thats great news about the heads!.. i thought the Quinn head would be out of the question as he objected to his likeness on the box artwork!...

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Yeah...He hasn't said much about that Box Art since June 3, 2001
Denis :)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Keep us posted Jim, I'm sure there is a whole crew of guys that weren't even members here when you first put these out and they turn the standard Aurora kit into a cool box art kit :thumbsup: Thanks for posting those pictures!
Denis

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
this is great!... i didn't know it was out there!... i just hope the newtribute kit will have this level of detail!... must be a big piece of resin the castle backdrop!.. what is the size and aprox price on it??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
this is great!... i didn't know it was out there!... i just hope the newtribute kit will have this level of detail!... must be a big piece of resin the castle backdrop!.. what is the size and aprox price on it??
If you are speaking to mine- the Hunch-Back drop is an inch or two taller than the kit and about an inch deep at its deepest (dont have one in front of me right now). Its forced perspective, butts right up against the model and looks just like the box art (not to toot my own horn, lol).
Its $30 plus priority shipping and will be available again in about two weeks- maybe sooner. Just drop me an email if you want.
James Webb
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Denis, the ad actually said it would come with both type heads so you get your choice.
Yes, Terry (owner of MIM) called me and asked what head I thought that they should use.
I begged him to do both because some of us grew up with the Anthony Quinn Hunchback while others of us grew up with the Hippie Hunchback.

I hope they ask me to do the Box Art again for this kit, I'm guessing that if I do, I'll have to paint both heads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts