Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy I am new here, wanted to say hi.

I am a on again and off again collector of 1/64th scale cars of basically what ever catches my fancy. Well the reason why I stopped by here is because I wanted to pick some of the experts brains around here about a car I picked up about 5 years ago. I found it as I do most any of my cars by pure chance in a local retail store. It is a Release 1 Johnny Lightning Marvel X-Men #9 the 59 Desoto... nothing special there I am sure but that is not the reason why I decided to buy it (because honestly it did not really trip my trigger) I bought it because the card inside the blister pack was actualy packaged upside down in what seems to have been a manufacturing mistake. Has anyone ever heard of any more like this. I mean did the accidentally put out a whole lot of these with the upside down cards are is this the only one anyone has ever heard of?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to HT FireFly, It's probably nothing special I found a Anniversary series car that was lying in the package on it's side but bought it for fun it was a corvette, Also have one with a loose mag wheel rolling around in it too,It happens now & again probally nothing to get to excited about though,
Again welcome ZF

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Hi !!!

Hi firefly8, welcome to HT. Hope you enjoy your stay. I am in missouri also. Complete other side of the state though.
There is not alot of errors in the JL line. I have heard of the wrong card in the package. I have a 2004 Fest dinner Olds with a 2004 Fest dinner Cuda card in it. I wonder if there is a Cuda with my Olds card in it. Unlike HW, error Johnnies are not highly sought after. Maybe even less desireable.
Have fun and come back often.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh ok thanks for the info. Like I said I don't do much more than just by what I personally like infact all of my cars always get removed from the blister pack and go into old school type care holder cases. I still have my very first Hot Wheel 12 car case from when I was a kid in the late 70's. That particular car is the only one I have really ever bothered with keeping in the original package due to the mess up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts