Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up two of each kit today at my hobby store.The boxes are alot smaller than previose reissues that monogram and revell did but the kits are the same scale.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I suppose you'll be posting the emaculately finished results tomorrow ??

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the Dabbler said:
I suppose you'll be posting the emaculately finished results tomorrow ??
Just the sailback will get painted up.I already have a Aurora armored dino painted up thats in my picturetrail album so these two armored and the extra sailback extras will get put up for a later date to get painted :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Dan! Not a bad price either. I'll check the local shop and see if they've found their way to the midwest yet.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a problem Rick and you noticed the name change on the armored dino they call it tank now :p

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yeah, I noticed. Wonder what the reasoning behind that was? Dawn of Time logo a bit on the cheesy side but nice to see the kits out again.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess there trying grab peoples attention.But if they really want to grab attention release the ones that never reissued.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
At least it wasnt' Dino-Turtle. :lol: Surprised the sabertooth cat has never be repoped. Assuming the molds still exist of course.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I like the "Dawn Of Time" moniker, more enticing or 'dramatic' I think !

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xsavoie said:
Are the bases included with the Dinos,and are they the two parts ones,or single part bases.
The armored and the sailback only come with the single bases

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I am toying with the idea of holding a modeling class through the local park district this year. These kits look like they might be just the thing!!

Wayne

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So they both come with a single base.Great.I still wonder why they don't use the original AURORA box art.This would sure boost the sales.Did someone ever contact them in order to have that answer.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have contacted them in the past about that and sure others have to,But they just dont reply back to letters or emails.I will say this though on the bottom of the sailbacks rock base theres the two holes for the hookup for the other half of base they left out.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Just in case some of you guys missed these here is the flyer Revell sent out:

If you'd like the tentative release dates let me know and I will post them.
Chris

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Great news, but it looks like the Mammoth with not have the base after all, and nor will the Allosaurus. (Mind you, it was only us on this board who speculated that they would!)
And is that some 'joke Latin' I can see after the real Latin name of each dinosaur? The boxes appear to say Ankylosuarus Clubtailus and Dimetrodon Laughing or something like that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts