Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
- With a 68 front end.......:thumbsup:

Shure 'nuff - Greenlight made the call for a '69. I thought that maybe I didn't use a strong enough magnifying glass! And Steve is correct - the casting is with a '68 grille. It's a Barrett-Jackson series, so maybe it's supposed to be a "custom" look.

Let's see what others think...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Actually it is supposed to have a '68 front end. This was a customized and modded out truck that was sold at Barrett-Jackson. Here is the description on the trading card:

"1969 Chevrolet C-10 Custom Pickup
Lot# 704 Las Vegas 2008 $23,100

This Fleetside received a custom frame-off restoration that was completed in February 2008. The drivetrain has been upgraded with a 1997 Chevy LT-1 5.7 EFI motor and automatic overdrive transmission. The original 1969 front end was replaced with a stylish 1968 slant nose hood, fenders and grille. It also features new base coat/clear coat two tone Jaguar green and silver effect paint, and Foose wheels."

Thanks,

- Matt

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it is supposed to have a '68 front end. This was a customized and modded out truck that was sold at Barrett-Jackson. Here is the description on the trading card:

"1969 Chevrolet C-10 Custom Pickup
Lot# 704 Las Vegas 2008 $23,100

This Fleetside received a custom frame-off restoration that was completed in February 2008. The drivetrain has been upgraded with a 1997 Chevy LT-1 5.7 EFI motor and automatic overdrive transmission. The original 1969 front end was replaced with a stylish 1968 slant nose hood, fenders and grille. It also features new base coat/clear coat two tone Jaguar green and silver effect paint, and Foose wheels."

Thanks,

- Matt
Hey Matt-

Thanks for the input. I don't collect the cards and when I set it free I never even pulled the card out of the blister - it went into the can with the package. I bought it for its cool color scheme and to add to my other 60-70 Chevy pickups. I appreciate your information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts