Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......checked to see how many WL auctions there were in Canada.
522 auctions open and 1316 closed = 1838 WL's. Certainly not
a complaint just an observation. Glad to see many of you are having a great time finding stuff. Lotsa dancing going on! Sure is giving non-Canadians
a chance to fill some holes, for a decent price too since the market has dropped a bit!

I also picked a couple WL's up this week. At KB I got and AI Mustang and
a Poker R2 T-Bird that someone had missed. I like those tricky ones!

Later!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn't care to search U.S. auctions since the U.S. hasn't gotten the mass release as did Canada. You could have if you were interested.
Was there a point you were trying to make?

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
There certainly are alot of auctions in Canada. We've been watching them for a while now. It's getting a bit tiresome now seeing auctions from the same cars over and over and over and over...... At least some of the other cars are showing up, but we need more of the Auction Insanity and Calendar Girls WLs to show up. The prices on those are still too high. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did notice many of the same SF's on there. Also noticed some people had multiples of the same car too. I think Sears got a bunch of the AI. That's all I'm seeing here. Have filled a few holes but there are some that still havn't come down far enough for me. Trying to wait those out.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
AJCBOSS said:
.......checked to see how many WL auctions there were in Canada.
522 auctions open and 1316 closed = 1838 WL's.
not a very good way to check since a lot of the canadian sellers also list regular cars under the white lightning category, but it does reflect a very large amount even if it half correct....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not real representative of the amounts of whites found in Canada though. I have a buddy that between him and a friend have found nearly 120. I have found more than 30... sold half so far. Another couple of friends have founds at least 5- 10 each. All four of those other guys do not sell, so that may give an idea of just how many are being found.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, with that amount showing up for auction, that many or more got into non-seller hands, which is great!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
AJCBOSS said:
Was there a point you were trying to make?
I apologize, I must of read your post wrong...

I thought it was another "Hey look, all canadians are scalpers because theres X amount of WL's on the bay now". Which types of posts have been flooding this board recently after the big who-ha at walmart.

But now after reading more carefully, i see your intent on your post was nothing of the sorts

Didn't mean to come off to harsh, again I apologize :wave:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
AJCBOSS said:
Yes, with that amount showing up for auction, that many or more got into non-seller hands, which is great!
there are lots of local hot wheel guys that find wl`s here all the time.They`ll even show them to me on saturdays when everyone heads to the flea market.However,they never sell them or even try to trade them. They don`t collect regulars of JL`s just any type of hw`s.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I was going to drive up to Canada and get some of those bargain JLs,

But I am Afraid of.....................................................................................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts