Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to my favorite new shop in town, dug through their older beat up MB box.

Not bad for two bucks.

And today I held in my hands an actual original Bye Focal. Then the shop owner came around and told me (and the worker who was helping me) that those were not to be touched, they are priced too low, and he has collectors driving in from Chi-town to go over them. He wouldn't even let me look through the 70's era Matchbox in their original boxes. Bummer.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Went back to my favorite new shop in town, dug through their older beat up MB box.

And today I held in my hands an actual original Bye Focal. Then the shop owner came around and told me (and the worker who was helping me) that those were not to be touched, they are priced too low, and he has collectors driving in from Chi-town to go over them. He wouldn't even let me look through the 70's era Matchbox in their original boxes. Bummer.
Was that the shop owner of the your favorite new shop? If so that would have been the last time I went to that shop :mad:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was certainly irritating. I'll go back, I knew they were out of my reach anyway. He still has plenty of other things for me to go get that aren't out of my range.

Besides, I have another place to go if the good stuff there stays out of reach.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

Not bad for two bucks.

That guy sounds like some body that I would not do business with even if he had the holly grail for my collection. (the Code 3 Collectibles Squad 51, the FDNY Engine Co 82 Seagrave or Mack, the Crown Coach Engine 51)

Was that the shop owner of the your favorite new shop? If so that would have been the last time I went to that shop :mad:

I have to agree with you bro. I would have walked out of the store and never gone back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts