Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this in Wisconsin and with a little help from my lovely wife Sandi..... it's now home in Michigan and will soon be filled with Toppers, Redlines and Johnnies!! :thumbsup:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Sweet. Do the shelves still rotate?

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
COOL display case, Mr. "S"! :cool: I hope it is still functional (or is easily fixable).
Show us a pic or 2 when you have it filled! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What a great idea!!! Never even occurred to me to use a jewelry display....is it lighted as well? I could load that thing up and sit and watch Johnnies go by, glinting in the light, for a good long time..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
That's nice, Bert. I have often coveted those, but never found one in good shape at a good price. I do have a couple of rotating watch displays, but that case would be the home for the real "jewels" of my collection.

Congrats!

Mike

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Excellent find, Bert!

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
carnut2256 said:
Very cool display case. How on earth did you find that??? :confused:
Here's the story............ While browsing an "antique" shop in Menona, Wisconsin last week I saw this case filled with jewelery and trinkets. I have wanted one of these for a long time but since it was being used to sell stuff I figured they wouldn't want to part with it. Oh well...... some day maybe. :(
A while later I found my wife talking with the person at the front desk who in turn was talking on the phone to the person that owned this. A few moments later a deal was made and now it's mine. :thumbsup: You just have to love it when your wife supports you in your hobby! Thanks Sandi! I love you!

PS........... these cases are still being made today by the Berg company in Madison, Wisconsin. They run new from $1600 to $1900. I got this one, used of course for $325!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Just would like to say, HATS OFF TO A GREAT THREAD! :) :thumbsup: :)
It's nice when people care enough to give their Johnnies a posh home to live in - you're spoiling them rotten! :p A tip of the hat to your wife for negotiating a nice deal! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts