Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mailman came today and left a BIG package on my sunporch. It was the Kotobukiya "Luke vs Vader" Ralph McQuarrie kit I found thru a seller on evilbay who had no bids when he tried to sell it. I contacted him and scored the kit for $70.

Lemmie tell ya, this thing is MASSIVE. Both figures are 1/7 scale, and the detail is amazing. It recreates that McQuarrie painting of Luke, wearing a breather, squaring off against Vader in a hallway on the Rebel Blockade Runner. Vader is an early design, with a raked-back looking helmet, and he's facing off with Luke, both holding lightsabers. I dunno if anyone has or has seen a pic of the kit, but I am very impressed, even with it being pre-painted.

I'll try to add a pic of it, but I just thought I'd reccomend it for any die-hard Star Wars fan. It lists originally for a few hundred bucks, so you can tell why I'm excited to get it for the price I did.

Anywho, see if you can find one for yourself. I HIGHLY reccomend it for size, and quality.

Sincerely,
Scorp.

"Boldly GO!" :wave:

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. - I think it will stay in the original box for awhile. They are limited edition, and this one has the number on the box it came in.

·
Curmudgeon
6,612 Posts
Nice score; IIRC I paid about $90 for mine. Of all the McQuarrie Star Wars artwork this was always my favorite, and I think Kotobukiya did a great job of translating it into three dimensions.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Model, the kit is really BIG! There are a few more I'm watching on evilbay. Hope to find one to assemble, and one to keep pristine.

Sincerely,
Scorp. :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts