Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her is a pic of my Corrie Shrink Works '65 Malibu I just finished. The Nomad just went into paint tonight.

Here's a before shot of the Nomad.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
hey there,

Been out all day a thought I'd pop in. Really tired though. This Chev' looks great. I love the colour--is a tan? If so--nice choice. I've seen many 1/1 cars that colour. Again it's really nice. In fact the pic with the Nomad shows quite the race collection building--good show!

On another post you brought up having trouble with detail work. Sir, I can relate--My vision was better than 20-20 (in one eye anyway), but pulling late shifts from 7pm to 1130 am as a fill in for my drivers, first effected my light sensativity and soon after I lost my close-up vision. I have been wearing specs for about six months now and haven't got quite used to it. I still loose the damn things constantly. The wife bought me a desk mount work light that does the trick. It's adjustable up and down, back and forth, side-ways and in and out. The top is circular with a flourecent bulb incircling it and the center is a large magnifying glass. I can see really close up with no problem now.
cheers......

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey boss9,

Actually that cplor is tan. It is the same color as Roger shows of his sample on his website. When I saw that color I had to get it. I have another that I am going to paint also, but I haven't decided on a color yet.

Mike U

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey Mike, great looking Chevy :thumbsup:

By chance, do Roger's bodies come with screw posts molded in? Or is this something I need to add on my own. :confused:

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Tx,
Unless Roger has changed his molding practices, all CSW bodies I have picked up had the posts molded in place. You will have to drill them though. :thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
roadrner said:
Tx,
Unless Roger has changed his molding practices, all CSW bodies I have picked up had the posts molded in place. You will have to drill them though. :thumbsup: rr

GREAT, I have no problem drilling the posts myself.......it's nice to know I'll save a bit of time with the posts being present though ;)

I need to complete a couple other projects....then I need to snag some bodies from Roger :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts