Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It really IS 1:64"

That says it all, great job GL, your new correct proportions are outstanding. They are taking your casting from great to true replicas!

Now get me some wide rubber on the race cars and we will be happy!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I totally agree. GL has outdone itself with a superior 'stang. Many thanks for posting the great pics! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Ward, have you ever tried waxing your castings? The result really is worth it at least when held in hand. Pix may not show it as well.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lummox, yes and your right, it can make a so so car outstanding (this one is right out of the blister) and Stutz..."It really IS one-sixty, forth" just did not sound as cool! LOL!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Alas, they still haven't corrected the most annoying error with their '69 Mustang tooling--the missing quarter window. They don't roll down in 1:1!! (they pivot open for ventilation).

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good info, I did not know that. On my 69' coupe they do roll down so I just assumed the same on the sports roof. Good eyes there Robert.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yeah, having grown up around one--my Dad bought a '69 Sportsroof new, which I have now, I know those cars well. None of the diecast makers have got that detail correct so far in 1:64th.. M2 is close on their '70, but they got the shape wrong (the front edge doesn't slope forward so much).

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Ertl had an intact rear quarter window on theirs; as well as painted undercarriage and engine compartment. One of the better 69-70 Mustang samples. If it had JL's shaker setup it would be near perfect.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority on this one.

I picked one up last Thursday at TRU, and was really disappointed by the misshapen hood scoop. Having been in the Mustang hobby since the 60s, details pop out really quickly, and there's three that violate my eye, after having gotten used to so much more from GL. The rear quarter panel scoop is at least a third longer than it should be, and without the gaping maw; the rear quarter marker light is more than twice too large; and the hood scoop has the correct shape for only the opening... Less obvious are the door handles too high, and the rear quarter window shape being so far off.

I like the overall proportions, but the details on this car did not seem up to the standards I've grown to expect from GL.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Its a replica of the one sold at BJ auction, so the hoodscoop was on the one sold at auction, as far as all the other stuff you listed i was unaware it was incorrect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts