Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another weekend and another moving project. Did a little inventory and rearranging today and this is the result. Just wanted to share my buses with you.

Now I think I have every bus that JL has made (excluding those WL ones) except for this one:

Anyone know how rare it is ? Any leads as to where I could find one ? If you notice anything missing, please let me know. I love these little buses.
Thanks for looking and any help.

Domenic :wave:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Uhm... that's a Chevy van, not a bus of any kind. I don't see any other vans in your collection. Why would you want this one? (other than it's nice and probably rare, but not a VW bus or a GMC bus like your others)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PWSchuh said:
Uhm... that's a Chevy van, not a bus of any kind. I don't see any other vans in your collection. Why would you want this one? (other than it's nice and probably rare, but not a VW bus or a GMC bus like your others)
You know what, I really never noticed. I always thought it was a Samba Bus. Now that you mentioned it, your right !!! Thank You, I now believe my Bus collection is complete. This calls for a drink !!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Very nice display, I like that. Thanks for sharing the pic. As far as the Chevy Van goes I would like to know more about that one myself. Never seen that before.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
For those of us who love the VW bus...Awesome collection d.o.m.001 :thumbsup: thanks for sharing with us...!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice collection! I haven't taken the time to go over each one, but I know that there was also a Hobby Only Series 1 Surf Rods Bus that was released by Full Grid that had the Racers Edge Wheels.

TTYL, JJ(oldshuntr)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OLDSHUNTR said:
Nice collection! I haven't taken the time to go over each one, but I know that there was also a Hobby Only Series 1 Surf Rods Bus that was released by Full Grid that had the Racers Edge Wheels.

TTYL, JJ(oldshuntr)
Thanks for the info. Would you have a picture or link to one. I know I have a number of the surf buses (5th row down), just have to make sure that I have that variation though. I love a good hunt.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
markkaz said:
Wow! That's a great collection! It's amazing how many have been released. It doesn't seem like that many.
I remember thinking the same thing when I first sarted to collect them. How many could there be I thought ? How I soon found out .

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
What a cool collection! It must have been a lot of fun building your collection. How long did it take to get all those?

BTW, Stack is looking for the GMC Military bus - I think it's an exclusive - any leads to help him out?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OLDSHUNTR said:

TTYL, JJ(oldshuntr)
Great, just when you thought your finished...........
Thanks for the info, off to hunt this down I go.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mark Hosaflook said:
Very cool! Do you draw the line against the pick-up version of the bus?
I do at this point. But with my collecting habits, that could change at any time. My biggest problem with the majority of the JLs that I collect is that they're not readily available here in Canada. I have to resort to OLDs, eBay and the helpfulness of members of this board. I've been able to manage over the years but I really don''t want to think of what I spent. Sometimes the shipping is more than the car. Oh well, when you have this "passion" you do what you have to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts