Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, check this out :

It's a Polar Lights JII and a scratch-built "Xenian Probe" in action. My friend Pete has some amazing video editing software. The models & background were all taped live and the different parts were put together on his computer.

We had this on Youtube before but they yanked it a few months ago. We recently re-cut it, hopefully it will stay up for a while.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Wow! That's most impressive! Excellent job on the models, as well.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The software really made it all come together though,when used moderately computers can be a big help!

·
Starship Class
11,940 Posts
Wow! Fooled me in terms of the J2! I thought y'all'd cut out the J2 from the original footage and layered that on top of the footage of the "Xenian probe" instead of new footage of a PL model.

That's great work on the J2 and the other model. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Wow! Thats just too cool! It could be taken for a teaser at the end of the third season for the first episode of the fourth! I for one wish there would have been a fourth season for this wonderfull show as well as a fifth for Voyage! Great job!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fantastic how today a simple software can make a space scene becomes so more "realistic" and well done than some of the originals.
Thanks! (Obrigado!) The software (Sony Vegas) is really not that simple, pretty complex actually! I'll stick with the models & let someone else do the editing!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Fooled me in terms of the J2! I thought y'all'd cut out the J2 from the original footage and layered that on top of the footage of the "Xenian probe" instead of new footage of a PL model.

That's great work on the J2 and the other model. :thumbsup:
Wow, high praise indeed! We strove to keep it as authentic as possible, thanks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Thats just too cool! It could be taken for a teaser at the end of the third season for the first episode of the fourth! I for one wish there would have been a fourth season for this wonderfull show as well as a fifth for Voyage! Great job!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
We can only imagine what it would have been like. We just wanted to replace the old B&W Derelict footage with something different, apparently there wasn't the time or money back then.

Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Encore!!!!! Encore !!!! That was awesome. I can't wait for prt 2!!! Thanks for sharin'!!!!

Model on !!!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
That is really cool. What a great combination of modern technology, well made models and the original live action footage. Makes you wish the owners of the LOS rights would do a re-release of the show with modern FX, like they did for Star Trek.

Yes, I would like to see part 2 as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for putting it up Chuck I knew everyone here would like it thats why I asked you.Can't wait to see more.Love Irwin Allen stuff and love what you"ve done to it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is really cool. What a great combination of modern technology, well made models and the original live action footage. Makes you wish the owners of the LOS rights would do a re-release of the show with modern FX, like they did for Star Trek.

The judicious use of modern technology! I was constantly having Pete tone things down to stay true to the original look of the show. It's way too easy to get carried away, as is plain to see in just about every movie out theses days.

Our aim wasn't to replace all the FX, just the stock footage shots that were always being re-used. I for one have a healthy respect for the work those guys did back then!

Have no fear, part 2 is in the works!

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
49 Posts

Yeah I was telling Chuck the same thing ages ago when he first put it up
on youtube.Lost in Space digitally restored and new effects replacing the
ones that were shot then endlessly repeated could easily get the Star Trek treatment.I mean Fox can't be that stupid to see the potential.A new effects Lost in Space on Blu-Ray I'd buy it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts