Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Best current estimate is that kits will be in stores in about 30 days - Give or take a few days.....

Kits are on schedule to depart the factory on or about 11/10 -- allowing for shipping time and customs etc - 30 days ought to be a good estimate.....

Dave

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Best current estimate is that kits will be in stores in about 30 days - Give or take a few days.....

Kits are on schedule to depart the factory on or about 11/10 -- allowing for shipping time and customs etc - 30 days ought to be a good estimate.....

Dave
30 Days! WoooHoooo!!! The most antisipated kit of 09 will be on its way! As Alvin (the chipmunk) would say...Please Christmas dont be late!:wave:

Thanks for the update Dave!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Unless we forgot to get glue n such to 'be ready' to start working on it right after Christmas dinner! Next question... The Gear. Will that be ready to ship earlier so we can have them done before Christmas??

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Next question... The Gear. Will that be ready to ship earlier so we can have them done before Christmas??
I'm awaiting final production dates, but we're still on track for having the gear shipping on or about the date that the kit hits the shelves.

Even if we hit a production snafu, though, this shouldn't cause any delays on people assembling the kit - unlike the stock kit gear, Ron's and my gear is designed to be installed after the rest of the ship is assembled. (The stock gear has to be installed before the interior is installed due to the locking arrangement at the top of the stair portion.)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I'm awaiting final production dates, but we're still on track for having the gear shipping on or about the date that the kit hits the shelves.

Even if we hit a production snafu, though, this shouldn't cause any delays on people assembling the kit - unlike the stock kit gear, Ron's and my gear is designed to be installed after the rest of the ship is assembled. (The stock gear has to be installed before the interior is installed due to the locking arrangement at the top of the stair portion.)
And of course...Insane Jupiter 2 fanatics like myself need to get that head start on constructing the mechanics for working gear. I already have the motor and gearbox for the rotating fusion core and spinning "V" in the bubble. I'm gonna try LED's all the way this time, and spin the battery pack on the shaft so I can forget having to engineer brushes n such.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
What about the etched set for the panels?
Gaétan,

I'm just finishing up the designs before sending them off for approval. (Actually, the etch design's complete, I'm working on the matching decals right now.) The timing caught me a little flat footed as I thought I had a couple of more weeks. I'm hoping to have the etch / decal set ready for the kit's launch, but it's all contingent on how quickly I get the artwork approval.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts