Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw in one shot from the builtup we've had at a few shows. I'll try to get more posted, but we've been busy with shipping on this end!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
as always Moebius hits another one out of the park. love all the detail, is this the last of the Irwin Allen kits?

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Everyone knows that there will be a number of cool add-ons and enhancements for this model. However, being able to show a "stock" build as good as this one really serves to demonstrate what kind of result is possible right out of the box.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
I wish they would made a pre built one for us lazy modelers.
There are tons of modelers out there who'd be happy to assemble one for you ... for a price, of course.

P.S. Having seen this buildup at Chiller, I can concur that a straight buildup makes for a mighty nice kit. (Though I don't want to discourage anyone from getting add-on parts!)

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
My first one is strictly OOB, the second one will have the bells and whistles. And I fully expect to be pleased as punch with both! :wave:
Now to find display room...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Frank,

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to post the pic. I'm sure it is appreciated by all who are waiting to get their hands on this kit.

Looks like another great kit from Moebius!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
wonderful pic! I know we've been marvelling over the amount of aftermarket products, but I don't think I've read whether or not the kit comes with any decals right out of the box.

the most obvious one is the "General Alarm" sign over the red beach ball.

Has anyone seen if there are decals included?

·
Registered
848 Posts
wonderful pic! I know we've been marvelling over the amount of aftermarket products, but I don't think I've read whether or not the kit comes with any decals right out of the box.

the most obvious one is the "General Alarm" sign over the red beach ball.

Has anyone seen if there are decals included?
I drew the artwork for a number of decals and Fred Barr converted it into an Illustrator file for the Chinese, so unless something's changed, the kit should have decals. Below are some early samples.

Gary

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
Unfortunately it's a sheet of decals from an old Revell Messerschmitt model, but...

;)

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
No need to toss it out; just cut open the main hatch, remove the airlock door, scratch build a ramp (same dimensions as the hatch), get a nice wooden base big enough for it, cut an 11" diameter circle through it, place your PL jupiter II in the hole, and you have a nice looking crashsite diorama to display it on after you've made a sandy landscape on the base.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts