Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“ The Robinson Family will now board the spacecraft…”

Thanks for the patience on everyone’s part while I was dealing with family issues, so now I am proud to announce that “The Jupiter 2 Crew” kit is finally complete!

After much trial (and error) with the molds, I have decided that in order to provided the highest quality in volume, that the molding and casting will be handled by Mike Evans at The Alchemy Works. For those of you who may not be familiar with Mike’s work, he was the founder and driving force behind Lunar Models for many years, and has now moved on to molding and casting for other artists, so I have the utmost confidence in his abilities.

Because of the added cost of production, and the production life of the molds, I will need 50 paid orders before I can send the patterns to The Alchemy Works for production. Once all orders are received, the kits will ship in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. Final cost of the kit is pending, but should be finalized within the next 48 hours.

The attached photo does not do the kit justice due to the limitations of my camera, and the size of the figures.

Interested parties please e-mail me for ordering information and additional photos of the kit.

Thanks For Your Interest,
‘Frets

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Fret's ,

Is this offer to HobyTalk members only or to anyone?

I know a few folks who would be most interested in this scale Robinson crew ... is it ok to pass along this offer outside of this BBS?

Also , you probably mentioned in the past , but are these to be made of resin?

Thanks - & it's nice to hear Mike Evan's is involved too. :thumbsup:

Mike

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Jupiter,

These kits are available to anyone who wants them, so please by all means, pass the info along.

Yes, I am glad I was able to get Mike Evans to do the casting too. Besides the terrific work he does, he's a nice guy and I think he has a "soft spot" for Lost In Space too (A lot of Lunar's earliest kits were LIS themed, so I'm just guessing here! I believe the kit will be resin, but if you've seen some of the dinosaur kits Mike has cast, he's doing state of the art work with the stuff.

Hopefully, I will be able to post the final cost of the kit this afternoon so all systems are GO!!!

'Frets

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
*JUPITER 2 CREW KIT COST*

The retail cost of the “Jupiter 2 Crew Kit” is $40.00 (US), plus $4.75 S&H for the 8 figure set (about $5.00 per figure). Money Orders are the easiest for me to handle since they’re “pre-cleared,” but I will accept personal checks with the provision that they must clear the bank first.

The sooner I have the orders in hand, the sooner the kit goes to Alchemy Works for production.

Please e-mail me for ordering info or any other questions.

Thanks,
‘Frets

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Limited availability​

I forgot to mention that this is also a limited run kit. Due to the production life of the molds, there will only be 50 sets available (half of which are already spoken for).

If you want one of these, now’s the time!

E-mail for ordering info…

Best,
‘Frets

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Provided that payment from everyone who has e-mailed to reserve a kit arrives in the next few days, the kit should be leaving for the caster late this week. Given his stated turn-around time, I should have them back in 2 –2 ½ weeks. They would begin shipping the following day.

BTW, there are still a few available if you don’t want to miss this release.

Best,
‘Frets

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
*UPDATE*

Due to a few folks who reserved kits and (for whatever reason) have not remitted payment, the patterns will not be leaving for Alchemy Works this week (to cover production costs alone, we’re still 6 kits short).

Including those 6 kits (which are now off the reserved status), as of this post, there are 11 sets still available to whoever wants them.

Thanks,
‘Frets

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
model maker said:
hi frets, only 11 left ??? "SIGH" caught me at a bad budget time BIG "SIGH"
Hi Bert,

As soon as production gets underway and I get the kits back, there will be at least one other (possibly even 2 or 3) sources to get the kit from when you can swing it.

The other sources will be announced as soon as the kits are shipped, (either here or on their own sites).

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
thanks frets, i just didn't want to miss out, big buget cuts for calif. school districts where i work thanks to our govenor who chose to cut school bugets and the calif. teachers union got him elected the first time so budget is tight right now.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
model maker said:
thanks frets, i just didn't want to miss out, big buget cuts for calif. school districts where i work thanks to our govenor who chose to cut school bugets and the calif. teachers union got him elected the first time so budget is tight right now.
Believe me, things aren't much better in New Jersey. Our last 3 Governors tried to "fix" our auto insurance system and I now pay 7 times what I did 5 years ago. Too bad McGreevy wasn't on the Jupiter 2...

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I posted earlier, there will be at least one other source to get this kit, but their supply is still part of the limited run. There will be 50 kits TOTAL, regardless of who sells them.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*UPDATE*

The “Jupiter 2 Crew” patterns will be leaving for The Alchemy Works tomorrow (Thursday 4/17) for production.

Allowing for shipping and Alchemy’s stated turn-around time, kits should begin shipping the first week of May.

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered and the interest that made this kit possible.

‘Frets

·
Registered
609 Posts
flyingfrets said:
*UPDATE*

The “Jupiter 2 Crew” patterns will be leaving for The Alchemy Works tomorrow (Thursday 4/17) for production.

Allowing for shipping and Alchemy’s stated turn-around time, kits should begin shipping the first week of May.

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered and the interest that made this kit possible.

‘Frets

HORRAY !!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank YOU Fret's! :D

Mike

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.