Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another client build...

The client wants The whole Lighting package as well as The opening Hatches that I have put on all my Jupiter 2 Build Ups...

Also, the Space pod exterior hatch will open and close and provide access to the Battery's and switches.

The Landing gear will be able to snap on and off for a varity of display options...

Here I have removed the Space Pod Bay hatch, The Main exterior Airlock and the Internal Airlock hatch. They will slide open and close just like all my Jupiter 2 Builds...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mark, I'd bet money that you could build these beauties blindfolded by now!
Always enjoy seeing you builds again. Thanks!
Phil

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
We share a common bond Mark, this is just such a fantastic kit. I love your work man. Simon at the Kit Factory is building another nice one as well. I'll be following your progress! (I am gathering parts for two more! LOL!)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I would say by now that you certainly ARE the master at J-2's! Your builds are so nice I'm kinda scared to start mine seeing what it will be measured against! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.:thumbsup:
Jim

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would say by now that you certainly ARE the master at J-2's! Your builds are so nice I'm kinda scared to start mine seeing what it will be measured against! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.:thumbsup:
Jim
Hey Jim! Thanks bud! I'll be ramping up this build shortly...got to make room for it!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Mark,
Are you making a "channel" above and below your hull door so it slides? I'd love to see how you do it. How are you getting that door to cut out so neatly? Just keep scribing at it with a #11? Nicely done! I enjoy watching your work immensely!

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On all my Moebius Jupiter 2 builds, I have made the main Airlock hatches open and close.On the model featured in Sci Fi and Fantasy Modeler VOL 24, I opend ALL the hatches.

As I finish Up on another Build, I'll post more pics here.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE!!!!!!

My Client Jupiter 2 Build continues...

I have painted the Floor and begun the other wall builds...

Note. I can't say enough how much more time Aztek Dummy's Paint masking has saved me on this and several other builds.Highly recomended!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Splendid work sir!

I forget if the Aztec paint mask had been released at the time i did my J2...
But i sure wish i had used it myself.

The circle on the cabin floor is perfect. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jupiter 2 please post how you made The opening Hatches and The Landing gear will be able to snap on and off for a varity of display options. Thank you Ken Zimmerman

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jupiter 2: aztec mask?

I picked up a Jupiter 2 real cheap but, hesitant to start it. What is Aztec mask? Also, I'm terrible with clear plastic, like windshields. I heard "future" floor finish protects these. True? Any and all tips welcome. Like the ideas I've heard already.:dude:

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK!!!!Update!!

The BW Client Jupiter 2 build continues!!
I will be using the new Moebius Jupiter 2 Lighting kit for this build as well as retro fitting another kit for my own personal Jupiter 2 at a later date.

Wow!!that looks familiar!

Wow!!Thanks again Moebius for using my Model!!

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Nice build so far! I have yet to start mine.:thumbsup: So what exactly is "Azterc paint mask"??
They're not "Aztec paint mask", they are (as Mark stated) "Aztek Dummy's Paint masking" - i.e. painting masks made by Aztek Dummy (aka Lou Dalmaso) and sold by ParaGrafix. More info here:

http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX123 :wave:

Looking good, Mark! (As always.) I'll get the etch to you as soon as it's back in stock.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts