Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I may have too much time on my hands But, has anybody wondered since there is a Jupiter 2 for the T.V. series Lost in Space if there was a Jupiter 1 for the same universe/time line. Using a Polar Lights Jupiter 2 kit and some modifications such as keeping with the Gemni 12 concept of a single deck. check out the pictures and you will get my idea. let know what you guys think.


AZbuilder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,368 Posts
Jupiter 1 was destroyed shortly after launch. Foreign spys(and the unnamed governments they worked for) were trying to be the FIRST to get to Alpha Centauri. The Jupiter 1's could have also been the Mercury Launch vehicles. The Jupiter 2 just went wildly off course.


So was there a B8 Environmental Control Robot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,776 Posts
wow I could'a had a B8.

naw B1 through B8 had 'problems'. well, so did b9. and another 9 series AI that comes to mind...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
Very interesting, AZbuilder.

What is your story of the Jupiter 1 mission? Especially, what was the purpose of the lights? It appears there are fewer freezing tubes, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jupiter 1 questions?

Steve244 asked "Why is there a skeleton peeking over the wall?" well that is no skeleton peeking over the rear bulkhead wall but a cold cast resin owl statue.
My idea was that since it was early on the Jupiter mission project there was no mobile enviromental control robots yet. so I figured a mainframe AI like a HAL 9000 would handle all enviromental needs both intrenal and external.
The first Jupiter mission was to be a 2 person mission to test the propulsion,cryonics, and the mainframe AI that would later be the basis for later mobile enviromental control robots like B9. there is only two freezing tubes the ones that later Major Don West and Professor John Robbinson would inhabit during the Jupiter 2 launch next the table from the lower level galley. next is the lower level flight deck console and table used to make a AI console station. next is the reactor control station with 2 halves of a freezing tube with a green LED inside each to simulate the power core. next is a science station/sensor control then the computer tape drive, navigation, magna panels, Airlock, communications/viewer and finaly the flight deck controls without the park bench seats. If you have any more questions, please ask.

AZbuilder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
Oops. I wasn't clear, with my question. I was speaking of the lights in the area which is the lower viewport, on the Jupiter 2. What was their purpose, in your J1 mission?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Answer to toyroy

toyroy-That is like a Mesh covered RAM Scoop to aid with the then experimental propulsion unit but, behind the mesh are two high intensity lights to aid with seeing in the dark but also doubles as navigation/anti-collision lights. The blue strip between the upper and lower hull is part of the force field/deflector or bumper if you will.

AZbuilder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
AZbuilder said:
...That is like a Mesh covered RAM Scoop to aid with the then experimental propulsion unit but, behind the mesh are two high intensity lights to aid with seeing in the dark but also doubles as navigation/anti-collision lights.
Thank you. It does get dark in space, doesn't it? :eek:

AZbuilder said:
The blue strip between the upper and lower hull is part of the force field/deflector or bumper if you will.
"Bumper" is good. "Cowcatcher" works for me, too.

(Sorry, a little model railroad gag, there!) :drunk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Steve244 said:
comes in handy when trying to park in derelict spaceships. Wonder why they didn't get that option on the J2?
Because all those asteroids would've missed them and there wouldn't have been a show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
PerfesserCoffee said:
Great work! Cool variations on a theme...you've certainly given me some inspiration!
I agree. You can do what you like, with a Jupiter 1. Or, a Gemini XI(I know, there were actual Gemini I-XII flights).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jupiter Mission Status

Well since that Alpha Control recieved communication with the Jupiter 2 crew during the first part of season 2 and their first inkling that the crew survived was during the first season when Will Robinson was beamed back to earth. One can assume the Jupiter missions continued because the Jupiter 2 mission was not a complete failure so future missions continued as either exploration/colonization flights or full colonization. So their could be a Jupiter 3 and so on. Which leaves the field wide open to modeling.

AZbuilder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
AZbuilder said:
Well since that Alpha Control recieved communication with the Jupiter 2 crew during the first part of season 2 and their first inkling that the crew survived was during the first season when Will Robinson was beamed back to earth. One can assume the Jupiter missions continued because the Jupiter 2 mission was not a complete failure so future missions continued as either exploration/colonization flights or full colonization. So their could be a Jupiter 3 and so on. Which leaves the field wide open to modeling.

AZbuilder
Even if the J2 crashed and burned, the J1 may have succeeded. Apollo 1 did burn, but the program went on.

Anyway, it is nice that there are others who appreciate the original Jupiter 2. :dude:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top