Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something else I'm playing with...

I ran out of stripper so I'm just buffing up the original paint. Trying to sand and file the paint off the chrome areas without losing the detail. I can be a bit sloppy here as it will be painted over anyway. The trick is removing the final paint and leaving the chrome trim. It looks better now then in the photo. A lot more done to it and its been cleaned. I'm going to use Micro-Marks Rustall system for the first time on this one. Has anyone used this before? Application advice would be greatly appreciated.
I had to get away from that Wagon in the background for a while. It broke on me and trying to repair the body with no bondo is driving me nuts!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Trying to strip the paint without taking the chrome is a bit ambitious I will say.... However, use a wire brush on your dremel, that should give you some control and strip the paint. It will also smooth the body.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naw, not a DTS. A caddy a friend at work gave me to "do something with" for his kid. I stuck a Chevy wagon on the back of it. That one is killing me! I tried the wire brush thing once before but the only one I have is a large one for my die grinder. I dont have a garage and had little pieces of wire all over the place. Really dont want to make that mess again (ouch).
I am getting the desired look though,

I actually thought about not painting this. Just apply the rust as it is. Not much of a color contrast though. Hmmm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts