Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help is on the way, Introducing JR Quarterscale LLC.

JR Quarterscale LLC is a company that was created for one purpose. We are here to promote and help ¼ scale racers enjoy their sport.

JR Quarterscale LLC will be manufacturing components for just about all ¼ scale cars. You will be able to go to Freddie’s Hobbies and buy your trailing arm for your Lightning or WCM. You can get your Dog bones and front A-Arms as well. By early 2010 JR Quarterscale LLC will have increased their inventory to include many of the replacement parts you will need on a daily basis.

On top of providing you with your components we will bring them to you at an affordable price as well. JR Quarterscale LLC is producing components to a higher degree of excellence than most manufactures are today. You can be assured you will be receiving nothing but the finest replacement part for your vehicle time and time again.

JR Quarterscale LLC is also bringing your two new exciting ¼ Scale vehicles for 2010, one being the New Vision. The Vision is a take off of a popular vehicle running today. JR Quarterscale LLC is adding their twist and producing it with much high standards. We also are introducing the Vision at an introductory price of $ 1200.00. Yes a Quality ¼ scale vehicle for $ 1200.00.

JR Quarterscale is also reproducing a vehicle that was considered by many the best conceived ¼ scale car produced. Between the two vehicles JR Quarterscale LLC will be here for you helping you finish first on race day in 2010.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hot off the lathe,

All cnc rear bearing carriers. These are manufactured by JR Quarterscale. These are the stock parts for the Vision, they will also fit your Lightning. You will be required to use two normal bearings ½ X 1 1/8 X 3/8. You may also notice the difference in the material left towards the outside of the mounting holes.

These bearing carriers were made from 2” stock. This allowed us to leave some “ meat” around the outer edge of the mounting holes. Just another way JRQ Is making things better. And yes we have over 200 in stock.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Hot off the lathe,

All cnc rear bearing carriers. These are manufactured by JR Quarterscale. These are the stock parts for the Vision, they will also fit your Lightning. You will be required to use two normal bearings ½ X 1 1/8 X 3/8. You may also notice the difference in the material left towards the outside of the mounting holes.

These bearing carriers were made from 2” stock. This allowed us to leave some “ meat” around the outer edge of the mounting holes. Just another way JRQ Is making things better. And yes we have over 200 in stock.

If You need bearings give me a call as i am a dealer for BOCA Bearings. Stock, Hybird Ceramic and Full Ceramic. Nice Looking.

Mike
www.willmannracingproducts.com

·
Having fun is #1
1,978 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Availability is a good question. The car in the picture is a Vanquish. They will be produced only and after the Vision’s are going out the door.

I expect the Visions to be able to ship before the 1st. of the year. As we manufacture things we are making 100’s of parts not just 10 of anything one thing. We will be set up to make cars faster than the demand. The $ 1200.00 car will be available when the racers want them, no more waiting 8-11 weeks for a silly car. We will be able to provide replacement parts for our cars all at a fare price, along with having replacement parts for all the other vehicles being produced by others, all at a fractions of what their charging.

We are going to bring this sport back into the reach of the average racers.

The Vanquish is a reproduction of a very well conceived car that was made years ago. We are changing just a few minor things on it and there will be a limit on those made each year. Even though we are manufacturing things for it today I have set it aside until we get the Vision up and running, and Jeff is right its not the $ 1200.00 car.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Nice looking car. You said that is reproduction of a another chassis. Is that a Cram Cracker chassis copy? I have one just like that except mine has the full rear and front bumpers. Chassis is easy to work on, and fast.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, I just finished up drawing a popular trailing arm. We should be cutting those and have thouse on the market in a few weeks :thumbsup:

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
Availability is a good question. The car in the picture is a Vanquish. They will be produced only and after the Vision’s are going out the door.

I expect the Visions to be able to ship before the 1st. of the year. As we manufacture things we are making 100’s of parts not just 10 of anything one thing. We will be set up to make cars faster than the demand. The $ 1200.00 car will be available when the racers want them, no more waiting 8-11 weeks for a silly car. We will be able to provide replacement parts for our cars all at a fare price, along with having replacement parts for all the other vehicles being produced by others, all at a fractions of what their charging.

We are going to bring this sport back into the reach of the average racers.

The Vanquish is a reproduction of a very well conceived car that was made years ago. We are changing just a few minor things on it and there will be a limit on those made each year. Even though we are manufacturing things for it today I have set it aside until we get the Vision up and running, and Jeff is right its not the $ 1200.00 car.
great to see someone making a car affordable for the average racers. also, if you stock piled cars ready to ship like you say, would be great. some people don't like to wait several weeks for a car. but, want about your vanquish? why would you make a limited number of the vanquish cars...? is it...you think your limited car hopes to bring big money like the original car.... not trying to be mean. why would'nt you make more of this car like the rest of your products. if you make the rest of the parts already, well, that just leaves you to make the chassis. if this car was priced fare, i think, you would sell more of them. you mention cost and availablity until you mention your vanquish that changed i guess. i would'nt mind buying one next year. if price is affordable, are you going to start a list of racers wanting to buy a vanquish? just curious.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Vanquish is a personal project period. I am going to make only 10 cars for sale each year. Any racer wishing for one needs to get on the list, and it already has three people on it.

The parts for all the cars and a car at a reasonable price are there for you, the racers. You should be able to pick up the phone get a quality part when you want it at a reasonable price.

I am making parts all winter for all the cars. I am investing a lot of money in hopes I can bring racers their parts, and new racers a car that they can come and join us in this great sport.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this really a good thing for all the other QuarterScale manufacturers? Just curious....
Lets just say this, they have taken advantage of the racers for how many years ?

$ 48.00 for a trailing arm ?

11 weeks for a chassis ?

Parts that look like they used a chisel to cut them out with ?

Two new parts that arn not even close to one another ?

Is it fare ? If it does nothing but make them step up to the plate and give racers a quality product at a fare price then so be it.

Because I sure am . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I dont know if its because they are trying to take advantage of people and thats why the quality is not up to par. I always wrote if off as a supply and demand issue. And to be honest... there is just not a lot of demand. That means cars and parts need to be made in very low QTY to even justify building them for most manufactureres. In turn, that reduces your options for machine shops willing to take on such small jobs. Hence the low quality and bad turn around times.

Now, it looks like you are making an extremely large investment building these cars and parts in these quantitites. Thats awesome, dont get me wrong. But some companies cant spend that kinda dough to sit on parts and cars for years to come.

My opinions...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It wasn't meant to demean any company the question was ask is it really a good thing to all the other manufactures for this to happen ?

I cannot worry about other people. I am my own person doing what I feel is good business. I will provide a quality product at a reasonable price period.

I am on the front line I have people walking into the store that want to race. I have built a great facility and I am just moving to the next step is all. People are welcome to join me, its their choice.

This thread is for the release of new product, People can see things as they happen and know when they go to www.Freddieshobbies.com that it will be in stock and the part they bought today will be the same part they will receive 3 months from now when they need them. We will ship the same day as long as the orders come in before 3 pm.

1 - 20 of 889 Posts