Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes brothers....I have been seduced...

I stopped into last weekends AMSRA endurance race for a few pics and to see the guys run Rossburg at speed...

One of the teams had some serious light issues during the night phase and got behind a couple laps....a couple hundred actually...

Part of that team had to leave for a prior family engagement late in the race.....so I was asked to run their car for the close of a segment...I figured it was ok as I wasnt going to endanger anyones chances....so I jumped right in...

Me....driving a super mag....Turning 7 sec laps on 114 ft track on the hardest lane......with a cheese eating grin....

I ordered my first Wizzard storm tonight....I hope to have it for the race after next...with any luck...maybe even for next sundays race...

No...I'm not giving up my T-jets, X-tracks, or G+ cars...or my SG+...

But my god....those things fly....I'm hooked...well...ok.....I'm hooked WORSE.... :cool:

Actually having a group to run with is a completely new phase for me...even if it is entirely friendly competition...it is competition...

I notice there isnt much love for slot rockets here....but I will be posting some race coverage and layout pics for the races I am able to attend to the end of the season...Hope you check it out...

Now I need a good controller... :tongue:

AND a power supply.....

and some spare parts....

And some spare lex bodies....

and some frickin room!...hehehe

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Crimnick said:
Now I need a good controller... :tongue:

AND a power supply.....

and some spare parts....

And some spare lex bodies....

and some frickin room!...hehehe
....and a face mask, chest plate and padded catchers glove for each of your turn marshals! :lol: Light-benders are fun to watch once in a while....but I get bored quickly.
Congrats on finding other slotters to hang with! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
807 Posts
dark side..

crimnick,

welcome to the dark side of speed.. Yes the storms are fast.We race the cars + tjets everyweek at the track here.I have tons of parts and access to many more even have a couple extra lexan hangin around :thumbsup: .If you need help with parts or lexan drop me a PM.If I have the lexan you are seekin I will fire it your way. :thumbsup:

GB

p.s. now you need the belly of the beast. 6 mag neo patriot :devil: :eek:
warning sticker on side of chassis.(Hazzard to your health. Will cause holes in wall,Broken windows, and a loss of money) :D :D

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Crimnick, welcome aboard to the Dark Side of slot racing....
Even I have to admit that those cars are fun to race...
Scott

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
afxgns said:
Did you get to see Jules?
Sounds like a great time!

Tim
No I didnt....Guess he hung out when you did....but hasnt been seen in a while....but steve W says HI...

Met Bucky and couple of the other guys...cant believe they been racing for two decades and I never heard of them before...

Everyone seems laid back and fun to be around...

The endurance race was cool...me and my rookie team mate got there just before the close of the night segments...I plan on running next year... :thumbsup:

This weeks race is at Buck creek speedway at Dennis' house...

·
Registered
282 Posts
As a little backround here,
This was the first club I EVER raced with. Probably around '84. I missed the first eduro Because of the flu. But I was involved in a few of the pre-race testing sessions with my buddy Jules.
They wanted to run fast with high-downforce. But this led to overheating. So they were practicing how fast they could switch out an arm. We piddled with that for a while, trying to come up with ways or tools to get the job done quicker. (All this had to be done under green in the race)
So I said, why don't you just glue everything together? Endbells mags and springs. It would be a snap in deal.
Well they won by 200+ laps and the club promptly made a rule regarding the glue thing.

The next year the light burned out even before the night segment started, so we followed the car around the track with a flashlight.
More rules got enacted after that one too.

This a great race and a great time. If you guys want a FUN time. Try an enduro, it's a blast. espesaily if you make it a Bag-Of-Parts deal were you must build the car under green.

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts