Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
John,
It looked like that you gave out about a dozen pairs of tires @ todays Brl race. It was a wonderfull and appreciated Gesture. And the procedes went to a good cause, The Victory Junction Gang Camp. Thank-you

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a ? I am with my current tire set up all BSR's I run green's on the left. The issue I am having is that I am burning the off alot faster than my rights. The car is great and I hate to change tires all the way around. What compound would you recomend for the left side that would wear less. I am primarily running at plattsburg. I have ben going through a set a tires in about a month but they would last longer if i had lefts that would last longer so i do not have to true down my rights as much every week. Or should I go with a whole new tire set up all around?? My rights are 70/30 Silver/Gray and Gray/White.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Cory Mere
88 Racing
Quality Concrete

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
J-Dub...i Tq'ed last year stock class using...

LR white
RR white-grey
LF green
RF black

i won B-main (expert 19turn...wich is close to 4300 speed)

i ran...

LF green
RF black
LR pearl
RR white-grey

Eric
team CW

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have a question about how the Black Gray/silver(70/30) and the Gray/Silver (50/50) compare. I know how the 70/30 vs the 50/50 compare but how do they compare with a black.

Joe DiGirolamo

·
Registered
640 Posts
Won Stock B- MAin
RF- Silver
RR- Grey
LR- White
LF- White

Sportsman 19T 2nd A- Main
RF- Purple
RR- Pink
LR- Pink
LF- Pink

·
Registered
523 Posts
it may not be your tire combo. check the degrees of turn on the RF verses the LF , if your left is turning more than 5 deg. more than the right at full turn , you could be draging it in the turn. but i agree try not to mix exot. with natural. jus my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
hey Slim, Next time you're down to p-burgh bring the car over and I'll take a look at it.
That's very close to what I'm running. My Tires wear but wear evenly.

Fireball

·
Registered
71 Posts
got a question..Currently at our carpet track in CA. I have been running 3 whites and a black...the car was picking the left rear up going in...I got some white/gray rears this week do you think that would help in stock or should I just pre-load the car
thanks
Racin JJ

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
JJ, I would work on the car. you're getting too much weight off the LR in the corner. Stick with your tire combo, and see if you can use the chassis adj. to get it from doing that. Maybe a stiffer rf. spring or preload. or sideshocks. Maybe since you already have the tires, try that first, but it sounds like the chassis adj. will fix it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
slim76 - I run that tire combination often, its unusual to have more LS tire wear, how much faster are the LS tires wearing? Are the front or rear wearing at the same rate? If your happy with the car just rotate LS tires on and off the car so all tires stay in the same size range.

Doug P

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
losi888 said:
I have a question about how the Black Gray/silver(70/30) and the Gray/Silver (50/50) compare. I know how the 70/30 vs the 50/50 compare but how do they compare with a black.

Joe DiGirolamo
Joe - The 70/30 is pretty close to a black in grip, just a bit less, the 50/50 will offer less steering than a black, the silver foam durometers about 10 pts higher than black.

Doug P

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I got some grey rears and noticed that they are small in width than the rest of my rears. What is the reason for that?

BSR takes home TQ and Track record @ Barre VT in 19t 12th scale.

1 - 20 of 511 Posts