·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Johnny Lightning - Since 1969"

Isn't that sort of like a claim of "Chevrolet Malibu - since 1964",

or "Chevrolet Camaro - since 1967",

or "Chrysler 300 - since 1955"?

Didn't RC2 conveniently ignore a few years there?

If so, what is their credibility when they indicate that distribution problems have been resolved?

- ranchero -

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
The name "Johnny Lightning" has been around since 1969. They didn't miss a few years, just going by when the brand was first started.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
You buy the brand, you get the history that comes with it. Look at the Chrysler ads for Jeep, it's the same thing.

I'm not sure I understand where you're going with the car comparisons. Haven't there been two or three "anniversary" edition Camaros? Corvettes? Mustangs? If the brand is old, celebrate it.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
What scrambler said. :thumbsup:

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
"VWOWNER - Since 1963"

:)

Share your year everyone. Let's celebrate our hobby together. :thumbsup:

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Pearson fan since 1972!

·
Registered
896 Posts
scrambler81 said:
You buy the brand, you get the history that comes with it. Look at the Chrysler ads for Jeep, it's the same thing.

I'm not sure I understand where you're going with the car comparisons. Haven't there been two or three "anniversary" edition Camaros? Corvettes? Mustangs? If the brand is old, celebrate it.

The difference is that the Corvette, Mustang, etc were in continuous production since their start....so 30th anniv editions, etc made sense... the JL brand hasn't been (there was at least a 20 year gap from '72? through '93 or so).

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
robertwadehall said:
The difference is that the Corvette, Mustang, etc were in continuous production since their start....so 30th anniv editions, etc made sense... the JL brand hasn't been (there was at least a 20 year gap from '72? through '93 or so).
I understand that, but it still doesn't really answer my question. Anyway, that break in production does not change the fact that the brand was established in 1969.

BTW - Scrambler owner since 1986! :thumbsup:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
AC Cobra lover since 1967 - when a different neighbor got one

Trans Am owner since 1978 - Trans Am lover since 1969 when the neighbor got one

Dad since 1980

Illinois Professional Land Surveyor since 1997

Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor since 2001

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Certifiable Ford nut since 1943 :rolleyes:

Exclusive Ford owner since 1959 ;)

Galaxie owner since 1962 :dude:

Better half since 1965 :eek:

1966 Galaxie owner since 1966 :thumbsup:

Dad since 1972 :confused:

How did this get started and where the heck is it going :drunk:

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
1972 Montego GT owner since 2002!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Galaxieman said:
How did this get started and where the heck is it going :drunk:
I don't know where it's going either, but you gotta admit, it's more fun now than it was when it started. :jest:

BTW - Philadelphia Eagles season ticket holder since 1970. :dude:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
What he is trying to say is that the line was not continuesly ran since 1969 ... it ran for a few years, then died, then started again 20 years later. But the "Since 1969" is implying they were being made for 38 years... when they weren't

The car comparison is the same, Chevy dropped the camaro in 2002? and now reintroducing it in 2008 and then saying "Since 1967"

Like Oldsmobile being restablished in 2010(i wish) and then saying "Since 1897"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts