Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have a Military Muscle Airplane pack with a W/L error. Pulled it from the case myself. Called PM to verify. They even said it was suppose to be a W/L but got by the builders when being put together.

The W/L is suppose to be White prop & int. on both planes. The one I have has the Corsair with White int. but no white prop. and the other plane is regular.

PM said that they put the int. in first then add the prop. That they must of missed seeing the int. on the line and put a reg. prop on it. Then when someone on the line didn't see a white prop they packed it with a regular. They told me that I have a very rare probally 1 of 1 W/L error. Dosen't happen like that very offen because they try to keep track of the W/L #'s.
If anyone would like to see a pic just let me know.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I've got the Camaro's 35 Anniversary 68 Z28 Convertible white lightning sealed in the blister with no grill.........but I don't consider it or any other errors to be more valuable. :wave:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
JL Mistakes

The only JL mistake I have is a 27 T-bucket (I think). I beleive it is in the Retro Rods series. Light lime green with an off white top. It has large wheels on all four corners. Gives it a little different looking stance. Worth more? I dont think so. Just looks kind of cool.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
owl said:
Heh,heh... good one! Certainly an error in judgement.

:lol:

Whats wrong with the Boogie ?? :tongue:

I have a shelby classic gold with three white rims and
one grey. Thats about it, oh and a bunch of Vans :wave:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
One of the coolest cars in my collection is a error W/L. I dont like W/L so I tried to sell it on ebay. No one bought it, so now it's one of my favorites.(insert goofy smiley face here).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I have one with a tire that has Goodyear Polyglass written on both sides, no surprise as to where this one came from, a TRU box set :p

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
YellowBronc said:
I have one with a tire that has Goodyear Polyglass written on both sides, no surprise as to where this one came from, a TRU box set :p
I have a couple like that, too.
I also have a few castings that only have two or three tires with white
lettering and the rest plain on both sides. Interesting but not a big deal.
I have a red '66 Jaguar E-Type from Art Car series that has the dash up
above where it should be. The windshield some how holds it in place.
Oddities and errors, yes. Worth anything more, definitely not.
JL collectors are NOT like HW collectors when it comes to this kind of stuff.
I also have/had a couple of castings with the base facing out.
I just opened the blister and that solved the problem. Stuff happens.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
976 Posts
My white with blue stripe 1:24 1970 Trans Am has 70 Plymouth Superbird cast into the chassis. :confused:

I cant see both cars useing the same chassis.

·
Registered
972 Posts
In my TRU GM Muscle boxed set, the red 71 442 does not have it's lower left taillight painted in red. I actually did not notice it until after I got it home. I also have a black 66 Toronado that came from a JL Direct order which has all the chrome trim painted on the left side and none on the right. Maybe someone doesn't like Oldsmobiles?

·
Registered
179 Posts
W/L Mistake

I have a W/L mistake...it is the "Rebel Machine" from the "Classic Plastic Series'...my car's interior is the wrong color (Bk)....the whites in this series have "white interiors with white base"...mine just has the "white base"... :dude:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just found a 1970 Mustang Mach 1, perfect other than no driver side rear wheel/tire. First time I've seen a JL error. I think it's an awesome find

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Congrates on the find! If you contact them they will usually replace it.

(It was interesting to read the responses in the previous posts....)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts