Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about. It is the red racing
helmet with JL logo that came out around 1970.

I've been looking for one for my collection and have not had any luck.
Does anyone have a photo they can post and what do they usually go for in good condition?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the photos. He's pretty brave to have his picture taken wearing
that thing!

How much do you guys think one is worth? We'll say in mint condition just
to have something to base a price on.

Thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mint with the goggles and box will push the $100 range. In 'used' condition w/o goggles or box you can find one for $30-$45. There are always exceptions, just my best guess and these helmets are hard to find.

·
Registered
916 Posts
dipstick said:
FEAR the power of THE HELMET!! THE HELMET is only for those who can handle it. It is not for the weak and feeble.
This is the Topper helmet to fear...... The mighty "Super Helmet Seven". This was produced a few years before Johnny Lightnings were around and Topper used the same helmet for the JL.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
jlightning said:
This is the Topper helmet to fear...... The mighty "Super Helmet Seven". This was produced a few years before Johnny Lightnings were around and Topper used the same helmet for the JL.

Thanks for the pic,never seen this before.
I'm guessing that's a battery powered light on top? if it is,does the light show through to the red clear plastic pieces on the top,sides and rear?
Why the name "super helmet seven",are the seven special features to this helmet?
thanks!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts