Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:

Had a total of 26 cars entered (not bad for a HW club)

We had two stand-out cars from the beginning that easily walked into the finals. They were a Black w/ flames '59 El Camino and a red GMC Syclone. It was a very close race. From the starting line, I had to wait for the win light to see who came out on top. It was a tough race but my little Elco squeezed out the win.

The Syclone has been sitting on a shelf in a collection for a long time and the El Camino was opened the day of the race, so I know they are both legal for the LJLRC and they will be there next month with a couple of others.

Our current track set-up is 42'. There is 24' downhill and 18' of runout and the starting line is at about 5' high.

So watch out northern boys, we're coming for ya! Hope to see some of your cars down here next month!

Jason

·
Registered
335 Posts
Awesome jason send the competition we need to beat the Freak (Camaro). By the way we have raced those cars and they have not won yet so it should be interesting. Jeremy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be interesting to see how the cars perform on the different tracks. I'm definitely looking forward to the out come on this one.

That Camaro will be going down in Vegas, lol!

Jason

·
Registered
335 Posts
Will see Jason it needs to get Beat at our club then its really official. Send that 59 El camino and the GMC Cyclone lets see if they can take down the FREAK. I spoke with Greg tonight he is excited to see the Texas boys getting involved with our club. He is going to send some Johnnys down along with me for your November meet LETS RACE. Jeremy LJLRC

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great. Our Nov race is on the 21st.

We'll see what happens between the Camaros in Vegas, and I'll decide on sending the car out after that. (still kinda uneasy on that one, lol)

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts