Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, several years ago , I purchased a Johnny Lightning Car I bought it because I noticed the card was a classic gold collection, the card was for a 1967 chevy camaro RS... ok this is where it gets crazy this has never been opened still factory sealed, the car in the blister pack is a Maisto , Red 1957 ford thunderbird!the blister pack conforms to the t-bird. this has got to be a one in a million error! i mean 2 different manufacturers and 2 different cars? I need help, what is this worth? please e-mail me @ [email protected] or leave a message here! thank you in advance!

Tommy

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
I'd also like to see a picture.

Tell us more. Where did you buy it? (a store, toy show, flea market)

If it was a Johnny Lightning car in Maisto packaging, it would be a complement to Maisto.

If it was a Hot Wheels car in Johnny Lightning packaging or Maisto packaging.......who knows what some Hot Wheels packaging error collector would pay for it?

Most will think the car was switched.

BTW......Welcome to Hobby Talk. :wave:

·
Registered
40 Posts
My understanding is Maisto has their own facility and JL when owned by Playing Mantis used Do All Ser. That being the case I'd say no. I have seen many incorrect cards on blisters, cars placed upside down in blisters, non matching tires/rims etc. But another manufacturers brand..........Hmmmmm?;)

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
What maybe he, or even some newer people here... may not realize... is that there are experts, and I mean experts at removing and re-attaching those plastic blister bubbles... I've done a few myself, just to see if I could do it, and could not tell it was removed and put back

pretty much guaranteed that that is someone who wanted the car, way back when, and then replaced it with a Maisto...the just returned the whole thing to where he bought it

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
What maybe he, or even some newer people here... may not realize... is that there are experts, and I mean experts at removing and re-attaching those plastic blister bubbles... I've done a few myself, just to see if I could do it, and could not tell it was removed and put back

pretty much guaranteed that that is someone who wanted the car, way back when, and then replaced it with a Maisto...the just returned the whole thing to where he bought it
Quite right!
I bought a purple Camaro wl at a Meijer I think a long time ago and found it was a fake. The blister did not give it away but the fake gold wheels did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in a Walmart a few weeks ago and was poking around the die cast cars, being a collector of around 400 1:64 cars haha, I found a Johnny Lightning Mach 2 mustang with no rear wheel, factory packaged.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Welcome to the boards @Babadool :cheers2:

A missing wheel set (and even both) does happen on occasion. Not as often in a Johnny Lightning piece though. Sounds like a keeper piece to me, not going to be worth a whole lot or much more than a complete casting, but to a collector of that particular casting model - they may pay a premium price to have it in their own collection.

After your 5 post you can add photos of it to your post or upload it as an attachment now. Several of us would like to see it I am sure. As I mentioned Johnny rarely puts out an error piece commercially. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts