Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen this in an Ebay auction and the seller states that this is produced in a lower number, almost as low as WHITE LIGHTNINGS?????????

Here is what he says:

The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is from the all new Series 24 Johnny Lightning Classic Gold collection. The item number on the Johnny Lightning card is #404-24. The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is number 2/6 in the 6 car Classic Gold collection. The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is the most popular die cast from this collection...and is Very Hard to Find. The production run for the 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is significantly lower than the rest of the series...almost close to the production run for White Lightnings.This is a must have for your Johnny Lightning collection!!

Here is the link to his auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19045&item=6924946034&rd=1

Is this car placed in the cases in less number as the other cars? Or is this seller FOS? I am assuming he found it in a C.A.R.S. Case and just does not know what he is talking about or he is just trying to misslead buyers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks like a new Johnny Lightning hunter (i.e. the feedback). I am sure hs is trying to figure out why their is such a demand for the car, as others on Ebay have been selling at decent prices. If I was new to the hobby and had no clue, I might come up with a little tale myself..lol!

·
Registered
610 Posts
(his disembodied head appears) Every case of CG24 I came across, there was equal distribution of all 6 cars. I don't see why there would be any difference for this car. (vanishes back into the either)

R

·
0 Posts
All C.A.R.S. cases I have opened have the same # of HO as every other car, including the 10th Ann Vette, so I don't know what they are talking about

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I e-mailed the seller to ask him why he considered this to be produced in numbers similar to White Lightnings. This is the response he gave me:

If you have question about its rarity..then do not bid on the auction. Plain and simple. What does it matter to you? Find something more constructive to do with your time, than to interfere with someone's Ebay auction.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
I e-mailed the seller to ask him why he considered this to be produced in numbers similar to White Lightnings. This is the response he gave me:

If you have question about its rarity..then do not bid on the auction. Plain and simple. What does it matter to you? Find something more constructive to do with your time, than to interfere with someone's Ebay auction.
Uh oh, I feel an email barrage coming on....

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:

Lol..... very nice guy, very nice :lol:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yeh, don't interfere with his life!
Maybe pointing out the truth just plain hurts.
And he can't stand the pain.
Reality is not part of his vocabulary or mental makeup.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
231 Posts
Haha..Nice! Sounds like a real class act. However, I would think that the people that choose to bid on his auction will be bidding for the car because they really want the car, despite what the item description says. I am not trying to defend the guy. But I dont think an "email barrage" is worth the hassle. At the end of the day, or auction, the high bidder will have purchased the car because he/she wants it for their collection. Thats just my two cent$ :)

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Maybe pointing out the truth just plain hurts. Cheers. Cobra[/QUOTE said:
i have done that and will continue to do that,,,,,,i emailed the seller too and am waiting for my answer,,,,,,,:lol:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Hey Type2 I was just saying that this type of reply could result in several emails to him and wasn't suggesting that people email him because I said so. It's everyones prerogative to read what's hear and take their own actions. Was more of a prediction than a call to action on my part.

I don't agree entirely because there are standards in advertising and these standards are definitely compromised here. If all sellers (not just ebay sellers!) were allowed to say anything they wanted to, customers would end up paying more than they wanted to, and that's not the way it's supposed to work.

You are right though in one respect, since we aren't likely dealing with a receptive seller, emailing him won't change anything, but at least you say your peace, and maybe if a number of people email him about the same thing, it might sink in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just checked the E-bay link, he has stopped the auction. I believe questions to sellers and their answers now appear at the bottom of the auction - which in this case was a bad thing for the seller.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His other auction states that it is a CHASE Car that is flying off the pegs. And it is not available in the regular Classic Gold Release.

The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is from the all new Series 24 Johnny Lightning Classic Gold collection. The item number on the Johnny Lightning card is #404-24. The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is number 2/6 in the 6 car Classic Gold collection. The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile is the most popular die cast from this collection...and is Very Hard to Find. The 1983 Hurst Oldsmobile was not released with the rest of the Classic Gold cars in the latest Johnny Lightning C.A.R.S. This is a chase car that has been flying off the pegs. Save the trouble hunting!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts