Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just saw a listing on 1Stop Diecast site some new JLs under the heading Johnny Lightning 2.0. Could this be the return of diecast chassis, clamshell packaging and decent paint jobs again? Four cars per series. Anybody got more info?
Oops, just read Fred's Blog.......confirms diecast chassis, rubber tires etc. Should have read that first:eek:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
What is wrong with a Metal Chasis and Metal Body with racer edge wheels or Rubber wheels? WHy does JL think that the collector will be happy with a $3.00 car made from plastic?
OOPS Sorry, I will quit now. I think I am whinning again.
Richard

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
What is wrong with a Metal Chasis and Metal Body with racer edge wheels or Rubber wheels? WHy does JL think that the collector will be happy with a $3.00 car made from plastic?
OOPS Sorry, I will quit now. I think I am whinning again.
Richard
It's a very long argument that I've both tried to figure out, as well as make suggestions that might be helpful. The trouble is, you can right so much into those holes where no answer is to be found, it can either make for some interesting speculation, or drive you crazy.

Personally, I'm up for interesting speculation, but I'm not driving myself crazy over it any longer. I buy 2 or 3 cars on the average from any given release. And there have been some releases that I've bought none. With so much cool diecast out there (old and new) to choose from, I'm always able to take care of my diecast fix.

Yes, I used to collect JL almost exclusively...but on the whole, I think I'm a happier collector to have broadened my view. I think my collection is becoming more interesting because of it :wave:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yes, I used to collect JL almost exclusively...but on the whole, I think I'm a happier collector to have broadened my view. I think my collection is becoming more interesting because of it :wave:
I am with you on this one Robert. Matchbox has really been exciting lately. It also helps they are a buck a pop versus three to five each. Someday when I have the space my collection is going to be epic to me.:hat:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I've stopped buying JL's all-together and will not buy any more until they bring back the quality. I'm hoping that this is a good sign.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm looking to have these on my site for around the $3.50 mark. Due out starting in late May / June

Rel. A
'08 Challenger
'80 Monza
'80 Malibu
'65 GTO

Rel. B
JL Funny Car
'87 Buick Grand National
'70 Challenger Zinger
'50 Chevy Panel

Rel. C
'80 Malibu
'08 Viper
Barris Kustoms Munsters Koach
'80 Bronco

Rel. D
'72 Vega Wagon
'65 Chevelle
'69 Dukes General Lee
'77 Dodge Monaco

www.Nickelcast.com

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
981 Posts
When you look at the list of "2.0" releases coming out this summer , there is not alot to get excited over .

There is the long awaited 80 Monza' , what's it been , 2 or 3 years since they mentioned it was coming ? .....
The 80 Malibu , which is an accuracy disaster..
plus a bunch of old castings

metal base .. rubber wheels ... It appears this JL 2.0 replaces ALL the other series from yesteryear .. ba-bye Classic-Gold, American Chrome, Sixies Sizzle, Mopar or No Car, Chevy Thunder ... and the rest ..

So variety-wise , we now have this "2.0", and the plastic grunt that comes with "Forgotten Forever 64" and "40th Anal-wer-sorry" :drunk:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm looking to have these on my site for around the $3.50 mark. Due out starting in late May / June

Rel. A
'08 Challenger
'80 Monza
'80 Malibu
'65 GTO

Rel. B
JL Funny Car
'87 Buick Grand National
'70 Challenger Zinger
'50 Chevy Panel

Rel. C
'80 Malibu
'08 Viper
Barris Kustoms Munsters Koach
'80 Bronco

Rel. D
'72 Vega Wagon
'65 Chevelle
'69 Dukes General Lee
'77 Dodge Monaco

www.Nickelcast.com

Thanks

Scott
Scott, I was checking out your site. Any chance of getting some of the less common brands in the future, like Tomica, Norev, or other brands not always available in this country? I'm not sure how these things work out for you guys, whether it runs into a lot of expense, or doesn't always sell to a lot of people. Thought I would ask.

Interesting that you have loose cars as well. Not everyone needs MOMC all the time.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
wow. All the complaining and carrying on and finally jl is going to put out a release with metal chassi and rubber tire and you guys complain about the castings and the price..... Your just a bunch of sally sissypants. I mean that with respect of course. Lets be happy tom z lets us have jl and doest sell it to mattel

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
wow. All the complaining and carrying on and finally jl is going to put out a release with metal chassi and rubber tire and you guys complain about the castings and the price..... Your just a bunch of sally sissypants. I mean that with respect of course. Lets be happy tom z lets us have jl and doest sell it to mattel
I hear what you're saying. This is almost a never get it right situation. Between the increase in price right after the relaunch, to the quality control issues...I think too many problems/changes have left a lot of people gun-shy with JL these days.

I think the new price worry is from things like TRU upping the price on quality, all metal cars. I've recently noticed M2s reg. issue cars going for $5.99 at TRU here.

I for one am glad to hear JL won't be doing that :wave:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Scott, I was checking out your site. Any chance of getting some of the less common brands in the future, like Tomica, Norev, or other brands not always available in this country? I'm not sure how these things work out for you guys, whether it runs into a lot of expense, or doesn't always sell to a lot of people. Thought I would ask.

Interesting that you have loose cars as well. Not everyone needs MOMC all the time.
Never have really gave it much thought to those brands. I will check into that. The loose diecast category on my site is my 3rd most visited category. There are alot of collector's out there that like'em loose. I really need to update that category and get some new stuff listed. Check back soon!!

Thanks

Scott

www.Nickelcast.com

1 - 20 of 37 Posts